Mar 25, 2011

For Today




For Today


Outside my window...
I see signs of spring. Albeit weak ones but it's fighting to come through. Fight the hard fight, Sister!

I am thinking...
Of my up and coming peace and quiet. And I SO did not just jinx it by saying this, right? 

I am thankful for...
This stage in my life. Truly? It gets better after teenagers 40, s l o w l y (in my case)

From the Kitchen...
The counters are clean , the sink is sparkling and I see a fine red wine in the corner with my name on it. :-)

I am wearing...
lighter clothes. Yayyy!  Buh bye flannels.

I am creating...
a plan of action strictly to appease me myself and I. 

I am going...
to the West Coast soon. I am going to shop for a piece of land to build my knotty pine house on. A dream is but a dream, unless you turn that into reality. And I'm hell bent for leather to make that one real. I might be sidetracked, however, by all manner of things... wine, fishing, the waters, people watching,food, fauna, flora... 

I am reading...
nothing. Well unless bathroom reading counts? In that case, the only thing I've read lately is the back of a toothpaste tube. Ha Ha ;-)

I am hoping...
to take my camera out this weekend and snap away like mad.

I am hearing...
my dog barfing. Probably on the frikken carpet, dumb shit. What is so frikken hard about choosing the stupid floor to puke up on?! It's not rocket science, Pal.

Around the house...
I am trying to choose the colours I will paint the rooms of my house. Year's up, I can get rid of this gawd awful b o r i n g colour. Wasn't even the right colour I chose when I had this house built, incompetent numbskulls.

One of my favorite things...
is fitting comfortably in my jeans again. T'was a long comfort eating type of winter. Paid the price. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. ( but ohh sooo good ) 

A few plans for the week...
Don't know, don't have, I'm on a 'plans' strike for now.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...


V for Victory. The sun actually came out! 



4 comments:

  1. I just found you off "Is It Just Me?" blog... you made me laugh out loud. Thank you... you now have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outside my window I see grey clouds and rain! I am thinking we didn't really have summer this year and I'm hoping for a mild winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have beautiful blue skies and it is 30 degrees at 7:30 this morning. Downside, the wildfires have started. I would love to see that snow right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, if I made you laugh then I consider this a successful day. :-) I'm SO glad you enjoyed it.

    Cassandra, we have six months of winter where I live. We PRAY and do funky weird dances, hoping for a decent summer.

    Shawn, hush now. After the winter we've had ( worst on record in 40 years ) that word has been banished from our vocabulary. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.