Nov 25, 2013

Musings of This,That and Other Things




Confession: I can stick my foot in my mouth solid. I am not impervious to what I say, quite the opposite in fact,but sometimes, hey. . thinking's at a premium. Here's the Reader's Digest Version:
Setting the table at my Mom's for this culinary feast. ( I know we all prefer our mother's cooking but mine rivals those of chefs. I know I know blah blah blah she's your mom but I know good food and she's awesome at it.) A fondue is a beautiful thing, not to be rushed and complemented with wine. To minimize the confusion as to who's fondue forks are whos, they colour code the ends of them.
I worked hard assigning those forks taking into account fav colours. I announced each colour to my family ending with the bright yellow ones for my sissy's boyfriend.
Um yeah, problem.
He's colorblind. And I forgot that slightly important fact.
I couldn't help it, I giggled the next 15 minutes over it.

A slight pet peeve to share with you. Well perhaps more than slight as I have to stop myself from commenting. I'm good to restrain myself but it leaves me literally biting my tongue sometimes. It irks me to see people publicly ( and by publicly I mean social media. ) thanking others for having done something for them. ( Teri, not in your way whatsoever, I mean as in my neighbour helped me move the branch, the dog, shovel snow or shovel shit. You get my drift. . )
Can you not thank them in person? And if you did WHY do you feel the need to put it on facebook how nice they are only after they've done something for you?? Can you ever not write how nice they are,just for the sake of it? And make no mistake, I never see anyone who FB thanks another for doing something for them do just that. Throw in thanking the good Lord on facebook (of ALL places) ONLY when something good happens. It makes me roll my eyes and scoff at you. Not that you much care but my respect of you nosedives on the spot.
I guess I'm a part of a dying breed that thanks those face to face ( on the rare occasion as I'm the 'do it myself type of gal' ) and talks to the good Lord for other reasons, like. .  watching over us and/or steering me right. Not because I won money or I scored something materialistic.
Yeah, I know. I'm weird that way, I guess. I prefer human interaction when called for.

Well! Let me tell you of fallout from my post about a secret sect of a gaggle of  Desperate Housewives. It got me kicked off two sites I was a member of. Okay, I wasn't a big contributing member, more like one who went on to read and be entertained by the follies but I was, nevertheless, a member. To get deleted from those sites one has to troll the posts, insult/berate members or generally carry on with no decorum. To which I did none of those things.
One site was of the going ons in my neighbourhood. I emailed the admin,was promptly ignored and the other a Rant and Rave site. Again I emailed that admin who played the ' I'm not aware' card. I'm calling it. . .Bullshit.
My being 'kicked off the island', so to speak, happened right after that post went viral within the town itself and three/four neighbouring towns. Within a weekend, it went from 30 views to 440. I'm no detective but it doesn't take a genius to figure the timing of it.
Getting my wings clipped from those two sites brought what was a rumor (albeit a pretty solid one) to it being fact given the end results. There is a bunch of small minded, vicious ( some have had numerous complaints filed against them with the law) people who berate, belittle and bully innocent decent people.
Yes, I did take great pleasure in ousting them. For there is nothing worse I hate than cruel self serving little ignoramuses.
As the saying goes, 'Ain't nobody's got time for that'.
Enjoy your mean spirited 'secret' little desperate housewives club, ladies. It's not so much a secret anymore.

And that, Peeps, is my musings of the day.
What's yours?








1 comment:

  1. Fondue!!! love it, especially the chocolate ones. But, in my humble opinion, wine goes with EVERYTHING! You really did get yourself into hot water with the "desperates" didn't you? I'm glad it's only in the digital world and that no one has taken to throwing bricks thru your living room windows. Keep your head down, Jamie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.