Nov 4, 2013

Wisps of Plumes

So winter's here to stay, I'm sad to say. I'm increasingly becoming a hermit as soon as the snow hits. And when you are from my neck of the woods ( Western Northern'ish Canada ) winter comes early and stays forever! I kid you not, six months duration at times. Yuck.
Anyways, I get cabin fever bad and need to do things to occupy myself. Such is the challenge. I cook ( I eat WAY to much of what I cook ha ha ) I read, I cross stitch, I watch a select few tv shows, I surf the net probably way too much and I have my camera.

Winter came in one BIG dump two days ago. 20 cms, ummm hang on let me figure out the imperial for my American friends. . .( cause I'm nice that way) if 5 cm is 2.5 inches, 20 cm = almost a bloody foot of that stuff. That I had to shovel some of. ( I'm into sharing, I left the biggest part for my manly man hubby to deal with. *wink* (if I am to gauge the temps, that bloody stuff's here to stay till Spring. Which is far far away.)

Anyhoo, all this long lead up brings me to what I did yesterday which was visit a weed shop.
Yup, a '420' store.
Wicked nice girl worked there and we chatted for a bit. Then got down to business.
I was on the hunt for incense sticks, the smoky kind.
You see, charcoal based ones don't smoke as much or so I was told. By a Wiccan witch I had just met at Walmart 10 minutes prior, which is all they carried. Nice lady, informative but misjudged by awfully small minded red necks.
She sent me along my way to the umm smoke shop. ( I use that term loosely)  Luckily ( or strangely enough ) there was one in my town. Good thing because the roads were iced up with the arrival of that cantankerous old Man Winter. I wasn't about to drive down the crazy ( as in idiot drivers )  stretch of highway between my town and the 'big city' 20 minutes away, the RCMP were advising against such travels. No prob, Bob! I'm good where I am.

The girl at the smoke shop, I discovered, had a mutual intense dislike of incense sticks. She refuses to burn them on her shift, we laughed given the business she worked in. I can't stand the smell of them either and I had to buy a box of them as they were not sold by the stick.
Off I toddled on home after loading up on caffeine at my beloved Tim Horton's.  (Yeah. . it's a Canadian thing, this love affair with Tim Horton's coffee. )

I set about preparing my tools of the trade and for the next couple of hours I indulged in a fantasy world of smoke and shape.
And I got off on it. Big time!

lol yeah, before you judge me here's the link to what I did.
Enjoy.(and you best bloody well appreciate because I had to open both doors to to my house after along with the upstairs windows and boil some vinegar water to chase out the smell. Blech! )
:-)  

2 comments:

  1. WOWZERS, Batman! I am impressed. The trip on icy roads, the trek to find smokers and the house airing afterwards were all worth it. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you very much, Rosemary. Yeah, it stunk to the high heavens but overall it was a fun shoot to do :-)
      It's surprisingly much easier to set up/do than some other shoots I've done in the past.

      Delete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.