Aug 15, 2013

Musings of This, That and Other Things.




I came across a complaint on FB this morning and it's been bouncing around in my head since.
It seems this woman had an issue with girls wanting to facetime with her pre to teen boy ( not sure which ) at 2 am while his 'electronics slept in her room' What followed was a litany of complaints against young girls.
I raise two myself, I know all about pre to teenage girls. BUT what really irked me was the overwhelming consensus that all those girls were trouble or going to be.
I didn't respond. Most replies were from younger women that had a wholeee lotta growing up and living to do yet.
You just wait,my judgemental little pretties, your boys WILL be coming home in a boatload of trouble in the years to come yet.
I went back to the original complaint and couldn't for the life of me figure out why his cell was left on to 'sleep' in her room all night everynight??  It seems like an oddball thing to do on a parent's side, no?
And for the record, not all what's wrong with this world lays solely on teenage girls. Most of us mothers who have daughters are much better able to lay the blame where it's due. Be it the girls camp or the boys. .
It seems to me that a lot of the mothers of sons act like their boys can do no wrong. It's always the girls that 'convert' them or lead them down wrong roads or trick them. ( rolling my eyes here)
And by the way, one simple solution for that mother. Shut the stupid cell down at night.
DUH

I can not tell a lie. Getting a 'WOW!' from a photographer's daughter on an album I posted gave me such a charge. I've been in a ' I hate all my photographs and who do I think I am anyways' phase. It's brutal, it sucks but it's fact.
Grant you that daughter is my mother but she is a photographer in her own right and I know she separates the chaff from the wheat, so to speak. ( Mom, if you are reading this, Dad will explain to you what that saying means xoxo )  If I got a WOW! from her it's because she's taken into consideration all that is involved in the process of a successful photograph.
I think in a real way, I measure my success ( I'm an amateur with NO intention of going pro. That's not to say I wouldn't like to have a small showing or two eventually ) by two things; the emotion the photograph draws from the viewer and the nods I get from fellow photographers.
And I got a 'WOW!'
Made my day, it really did. :)

You have all heard of the 'Desperate Housewives' series. . ? Yeah, I don't watch them but I know of them as well.
What was brought to my attention is where I live there is a chapter of truly pathetic women that have started a 'private' facebook page called 'Desperate Housewives of Leduc County' . They are all a part of this Rant and Rave site where if you dare go against the 'grain' you are jumped on and the whole post is brought to this sad page where you are ridiculed and ripped to shreds. I know someone who knew someone who left the group because she couldn't handle the vicious callousness of it's members.
I've probably been the topic of conversation on that page more than once. ( if you know me in RL, I call them as I see them and there are a chosen few in the Rant page that need to get out more or get a life. I can hold my tongue for the most part but well lol,at times I can't. ) Which, by the way, if any of them stumble in on here I'm fairly certain I'll make top billing on the Housewives site for a week straight and be 'uninvited' to the Rant and Rave page. ( In truth,I don't go on it often, I can't stomach it much) Ohhh welllll.
But can you imagine the sheer ego it takes of stand above all and lay judgement like that? Wow.
Karma's a bitch, ladies. You just never know when and where. . . and seriously, get a life, a job or get out more often.
Then again, you can stay in your so called secret society and judge. Your little pea brains probably can't handle the outside world. 

Omg. A massage, a massage! My kingdom for a massage! . . 'nuff said.

I have to start exercising in earnest again. I don't remember in recent history where I've spent such a long period of time not working out.
Not to excuse it but it's been a crazy busy summer and we're now mid August.
Come on, Jamie, off your as of lately lazy ass and git at 'er!
lol yeah, I have inner monologues and arguments with myself. Often. I always lose. Sigh. *wink*

Well, it's 3:15 pm and that means it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Time for a glass of wine.
Yeah yeah, I'll start working out ummm tomorrow, yeah that's what I'll do. I swear.

What's your musing and thoughts today or inner monologues, my bloggie pals?

5 comments:

  1. Girls. Boys. Men. Women. It takes two to make a relationship work. When there's trouble, it's usually both parties that have contributed to the mix. I CAN NOT HANDLE criticism and would die if I got raked thru the coals of a rant and rage blog! Oh my!

    There are few "inner musings" in my brain these days. I have been so busy and unfocused, I am just ricocheting from one high point to the next. I'm going to need a vacation to recover from my vacation. Is that normal after spending three months with a 3 years and a 17 month old, not to mention their uptight parents??? I love them to death, but, Lord, give me strength.

    Until next time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary,
      This blog has made the local newspaper for 'bullying' of the adult variety. It's not an everyday thing I can handle and I don't go on often at all. That sort of negativity leaves a sour taste in mouth.

      lol needing a vaca after THREE months of a 3 yr old and 17 month? WITH uptight parents?
      A vacation in a straight jacket. . .ya! Wow, you are one tough lady, I'll grant you that, love aside. Wow, I don't know whether to send you cyber hugs or the number to the nearest 'rest with awesome medication' place. *wink*

      September's around the corner, that means a marked slow down in the craziness, right?
      Yes. . I decree it so
      :-) Hang in, Sunshine. We'll come out of it tougher. lol

      Delete
  2. Leduc women are catty and mean. You are right, they need a life and they are seriously causing damage to peoples lives. This doesn't only happen on the rant and rave sites, they do this to woment on the buy and sell sites too!! Someone needs to shut these women down!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I love reading blogs, I blog myself. I think you have great potential but it's hard to read as you're all over the place. Maybe organize your thoughts a little before you write. I love blogging, it's like therapy,

    As for the women of Leduc, I don't think they're any different than anywhere honestly. Its a judgmental society we live in and I think you're kind of guilty of the same thing you're ranting about. Hello pot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon,
      All over the place, you say?. . .with the title of 'Musings of this that and other things?!?
      Mind blown.

      You're calling me out under the name 'Anonymous??
      Your argument, Sir/Madam, is invalid, null and void.

      Delete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.