Jul 15, 2014

That moment when. .


. . it's the middle of night and the dog goes from dead asleep to flying off the bed barking his fool head off. I go from a DEEP sleep ( which by the way is very difficult to achieve ) to instantly awake with my heart racing out of my bloody chest.
I think I'm going to buy a nerf gun, keep it close and and shoot the little frigger every time he pulls that crap. Do you know how long it takes me to fall back asleep after??

. . I want to get out of my vehicle at a red light, walk over to the very new very yellow convertible corvette, tap the old dude on the shoulder ( I'm talking white hair with, yes, the famous comb over) open palm gesture the entire vehicle and say, " Why, old man, why? "

. . I can finally
                                (fess up, you are SO singing it right now :-P)

. . the fence goes up between me and my neighbour and we're suddenly on speaking terms after 4 years? Yup, the old adage holds true, Peeps.

. . I get woken up by the sound of a steaming hot cup of coffee being placed on my bedside table. I'd marry that boy all over again on that one alone.

. . I think I'm all clever, stealthy and shit. ( I tried bringing up the James Bond tune in my head but all I came up with was the Pink Panther. Oh well, more my style )
I'm still giggling over my cleverness. Hey, give me this one mmkay? it doesn't happen often.

. . I write a post in my blog after a long long time of not writing anything.


1 comment:

  1. WHAT do dogs hear that sets them off like that? Usually nothing worth all that hyper, terrifying noise in the middle of the night. We sleep with our patio door/bedroom windows open wide all summer. Nelson (small dog) occasionally will react to some nite critter outside and make a ruckus that would wake the dead. yes, and just as we are deeply asleep at last.

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.