Mar 10, 2015

Musings of This, That and Other Things



Out of the mouth of babes:
A discussion my 7 yr old grand daughter is having with me about training dogs and her plans for having many of them.
(until recently she and her momma lived with us since she was born)
Beah: Yup, I'm going to have many dogs and train them and this is how I'm going to do it. < a 20 minute long one sided animated conversation followed> It ended with her saying she was going to move back in my house to do it.
Me: Beah, you know full well we have 2 dogs and we're not getting anymore.
Beah: Oh don't worry, Namie, I already got that covered. I'm going to wait till you move out or pass away.
Me:



Altruism:
I want to order a case of dictionaries that solely hold the definition of this word. I want to walk up to deserving people and SMACK! them upside the head with said books then the imprint of the definition permanently on their forehead. Oh and afterwards they can keep the book courtesy of me. :-)
Not that I'm violent. . much.

The Karma Bus:
Yeah, she's slow at times but she does come when she's supposed to.
Is it wrong of me to take such enjoyment out of that thought?
Bahhh don't bother answering, it's a rhetorical question.

Silence:
is golden. . till your dog lets a SBD (silent but deadly) one rip and drives you out of the room. Then it's a) ruined the definition and joy of the word and b) the peacefulness of the next three hours is gone while you try to forget that unholy smell. How is a scent like that even possible?!?

Cannabis:
I won't smoke the stuff myself but I would like to try the concentrated oil stuff. I think it would help alleviate some pain in the ass symptoms associated with the menopause thing along with helping to righten my sparkling personality when it starts going sideways. ( a wee bit of sarcasm. I have nowhere near what is a 'sparkling' personality. . I'm no pollyanna but then again I don't bite either. )
I'm out of luck, it's illegal where I live and am told it's hard enough to come by.
Sigh. Oh well, wine it continues to be. ;-)

Flip Flops:
The minute I see the last snowflake melt is the very second I slap those puppies on. I'm sick sore and tired of bending over to put on boots,hikers or runners.
It takes 2 secs to slip into them and I'm out the door. Who the heck wants to bend down all the time to put on stupid footwear? Not I. Even my slippers are flip flops.
Yup. Level of laziness:
Pro.

Out of the mouth of Jackasses:
"Albertans need only look in the mirror to find out who's responsible for the current financial woes"
Politicians: Can't shoot them because well. . it's illegal.
Crap.

Spring.
'Nuff said.
( and yes, I will complain about the heat in the dead of summer )

1 comment:

  1. I threw away a worn down pair of flip flops this week. The pain in my heels is excruciating. One day, all was good. The next, I could hardly walk. Back to Fit Flops with ergometrically designed soles to prevent heel spurs. I agree that they are freedom for feet!

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.