May 5, 2015

The day I will die a little



Yesterday consisted of putting on my extra strong 'Momma Cape' and knotting it. Tight.
The day was spent dealing with two VERY sick adult daughters with both living in a different town/city. Put some mileage on I did. 

The eldest, poor sweetheart, has an E.coli infection which is having a HUGE  free for all party in her intestines. As well she had to get her permanent retainer re-cemented. It has NOT been a good day for her since Friday, guaranteeing an ensuing very painful four days. But like her mother/father and sister, she has a very high pain tolerance level. However, it wears a body down fighting this. She's on antibiotics now so fingers crossed, and her retainer not going anywhere. (on a good front, we started her head gear/braces 18 years ago. It's been close to ten years I've been in. Lo and behold, they remembered me. How cool is that! ) 

The youngest, wow. . a day straight from hell.  :-(  She was completely incapacitated by what was the worst migraine she's ever suffered in her life. Since Sunday. Had to rub and massage her head. When she coughed we had to vice her head hard and fast. ( The Fast and Furious? Pffhhhtt we were much faster) Talking was at a whisper, light was her mortal enemy. Her father suffered them, her father's mother suffered them and she was the unlucky one that they passed it on to. I pray like crazy it will skip her daughter. :-( They seen to abate some after the age of 40. And she's so not there yet. sigh.
Today, she feels like she has been hit with a cannon ball in the jaw and temples albeit a different type of pain. One that doesn't make her want to rip out her hair from her scalp, slowly. . just to change the tempo/type of pain. . Yeah, it is that bad to those that don't suffer understand and suffer these debilitating migraines.

At about 4:15 pm I took off my Momma Cape and slapped on my G-ma cape. My little g-baby spent the rest of yesterday and overnight with me as her mother was doing all in her power to break the migraine. 
I made the 'mistake' of taking a couple of hours with a friend to a paint night ( sans wine. BIG mistake. sigh ) where it was obvious I put the day I had down on canvas. It wasn't pretty folks, it truly wasn't. So bad I spent a little while second guessing my creative talents but I've come to understand several things in the process of dealing with it.
Shit happens. I can't be 'on' all the time creatively speaking and I am absolutely rotten at the 'pressure/time' creative flow. I work well solo or with no time constraints.
Much like I shop. lol  Pokey. 

I can tell you, however, it very much hurts a momma still at this point to see her kids suffering so, the girls kept apologizing but it's like I said to them. " The day you stop needing me is the day I will die a little " 
No matter what age, those two will always be my little girls .


Starbucks ( where my youngest works )is calling to me now where I will indulge in a very strong cuppa joe because well. . .I earned it.
Other than that, I'm doing absolutely nada today. Zero. Zip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.