Sep 28, 2012

Goodbye, Sweet friend.


R.I.P Newton
He was her confidant through the years, her running partner, her warm blanket through the frozen winter months. He was her cry pillow when she shed her tears, always by her side. He was her everything.

She said good-bye to her best friend today.
Not by choice but of necessity, loving him enough to let him go.

The sadness will ease and comfort will come with the memories. Sloppy kisses he doled out free of charge, ready for his oh so favourite car rides, no matter where, no matter when. All those happy hours he spent walking with 'Papou', the fierce loving protection he had for his 'sister'.

He is in another happy place now, this beautiful creature she called 'Newton'. Chasing butterflies and running those endless fields. His tomorrows are forever and there is no more pain.

Rest in peace, my sweet friend and know there will never be another like you.




1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain, and hers. My condolences Jamie.

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.