Oct 27, 2012

Gnawing on the straps. . .

In an effort not to scream.

Google Image
Honest to goodness conversations of late


* At the restaurant.

-My daughter ( after perusing the menu ): We'll have the Cesar Salad to start, followed by a pizza.
-Young (chatty. Oh joy. Oh bliss) waitress: Okay, I won't write it down even if I got in trouble the other day for it. But I have an excellent memory and it's only 2 things. Ha ha.
- I flag her down after 10 minutes: Excuse me, can we have our salad?
-Waitress: Oh Crap! I knew there was something I forgot.


Are you freaking kidding me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*At home

Daughter: Standing at the sink, changing her position: Ouch! My hip is locking up.
Almost 5 yr old grand daughter: Not ten minutes after a meltdown of epic proportions: Oh Mom, you're such a wah-wah.

:-/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*In queue for popcorn line at the theatre

-Lady behind my daughter - (apparently my daughter didn't move up fast enough): Excuse me but are you in line for popcorn?
-Daughter: turning around, cheek muscle working: Um. . . seriously? ( you mean this isn't the line up for the toilets?? )

Would you like her to crawl into the guy's back pocket standing in front of her?  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*At the drive through coffee shop

-Daughter ordering me a coffee: Medium coffee, 2 milk, 1 sweetener, half hot water please.
-Girl over the intercom: Okay that will be medium coffee, 1 milk, 2 sweetener , half hot chocolate.
-Daughter: No, it's a medium coffee, 2 milk, 1 sweetener, half hot water, not hot chocolate.
-Girl over the intercom: Oh sorry, so that's medium coffee, 2 cream, 1 sugar and 1/2 hot water.
-Daughter: Let's try this again, mmkay? a medium coffee with TWO MILK, ONE SWEETENER and HALF HOT WATER. ( she's over enunciating at this point to make herself clearer..? )
-Girl giggling over the intercom: Oh I'm SO sorry. So that's a large coffee, 2 milk, 1 sweetener with 1/2 hot water.
-Daughter: biting her lip and giving up: Large it is.

Daughter drives up to the window takes the coffee, opens the lid and sure as the sun rises, it's half hot chocolate and cream.
I move to have this one fired. Like. . . now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*At the grocery check out counter

-Cashier: Wow, this cucumber feels rough.
-Me: Um, that's because it's a zucchini. . .?
-Same cashier six items later: What do you call this kind of squash again?
-Me: A honey dew melon. :-/
-You guessed it. Same cashier: I'm sorry, the machine is not accepting your credit card.
-Me: That's because it's a debit card, s w e e t i e.

I give up.

  


1 comment:

  1. Ah, but if everyone was as clever and sensible as you (and me!) we'd have nobody to laugh at ...

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.