Feb 23, 2013

It all started with, "Hi, you're new here?"



I know, I know, right?  How rude!
Well, actually no, not really. It's the norm for a relationship that has spanned 35 years. (give or take a couple of years? Memory really sucks. Ask her, she'll tell you the exact number. Memory like a freakin' elephant.

Her name is Donna. A.K.A My lifelong bestie.

How do I even begin to describe her?
Here's a few descriptions without getting tooooo mushy, she'd backhand me one if I did, just like I would her.

Short (she's in perfect range of your kneecaps. G'head. .piss her off, I dare ya)
Mouthy (as only a frenchman can get)
Game (always willing to help hide my bodies ha ha)
Funny (if you are into dork ass dumb humor. For Pete's sake, she laughs at the stupidest things. I envy her. I need more sarcastic,darker. . stuff. Like if you get a flat tire on your wheelchair, I'll laugh at you. I'll help you but I'll laugh first)
Loyal to the 9th degree (yeah, we've got each other's and our family's backs)
Fucking beautiful. ( which I don't hate her for. She's completely unaware of her looks, the cow)

These are just to name a few. All delievered with luuuuv, baby!

Aaaad here's where I get a wee bit serious. . . sigh.
Oh you don't like when I get serious? Aww Muffin,it won't last too long. . there, there.

To go that far back to where we started, you'd have to either hypnotize and regress me or give me the Matrix's reality altering little pill.
I can,by some miracle however, tell you the first time I saw her.
New to school. Shy, reddened easily. Yeah, I played with that like a cat plays with a mouse. The levels of red she turned were facinating and entertaining. ( now I can't even get her to blush if I did a strip tease in public, it's what she'd expect from me. Not that I'd ever do it but you get my drift.)
It was was par for the course for me in highscool, I always went to seek out the newbies. I knew how much I hated that feeling of being the new kid on the block, actutely aware of the stares. The embarrassment of a percieved wrong move or word, being picked on by idiot bullies. . I've been on the recieving end of that. So I did my best to ease it for some. Not that I was Miss Popularity but I knew the sheer terror being new and I honestly hurt for them. If they had at least one friend to start, the rest of who they would become friends with would follow. It was just up to them after that.
Only her and I gelled. For life. Who'da thunk it?! Shy and beautiful her, ugly with glasses and acned faced me.

To even try to put into words what we've been to each other, I'd need to be an award winning writer. Which I'm not. But I'll give 'er the old college try. ( which I never went to, by the way)

We've been each other's rocks, support system, sounding boards, arm chair shrinks, united stubborn headed fronts, evil mothers in unison. Yet we've been there for each other's kids when they needed someone other than their mothers. ( I'm SO the cooler one. Bwahaha)
And that's just off the top of my head.
(You can bet when we get to heaven, we're so going to have a cloud house side by each. After we sneak into St. Pete's leger book and erase a few . . ahh things behind his back. *wink*  Look for her, she'll probably have a bigger set of wings, the goody two shoes.)

The cherry on the cake has to be, and I've NO idea how the hell I'm going to top her, frikken frikken frikken her already, when she surprised me and showed up in my home for my 50th birthday.
Across the country, where we live apart from each other. And I had no idea, even if both our families knew. Throw in extended members, sisters, cousins, uncles, fathers, heck, even my 5 yr old spitfire knew and she never snitched!

If you're on my facebook, you've seen the link. I am in absolute shock, I can't even wrap my head around her in my kitchen. What the hell was she doing here across the country?? No way. . not possible! ( I'd moved away 20 years ago. I go down yearly, even if I don't see her every time. But this was the first time she'd been up. How's that for love, eh?!! )
Hope your computer's not a dinosaur and you can view this. And yes, I did the 'ugly face cry'.


By the way, you'll notice I've a slight thing for back home Montreal style bagels. :-P

Anyhow, there you have it. A love and friendship that has spanned most of our lives and will continue on to the next, where ever that may be.

Love ya mega, D.G. ❤❤❤
And sure as shit, I'm going to find a way to top you. I'm not letting you wear that crown alone,baby. Pffhhttt


2 comments:

  1. You're from Montreal too???? I left when I was 24. Been back a half dozen times and still love it. How wonderful to have your BFF turn up unannounced for your Bday party! My sister flew to Southern Ontario from BC for my 60th. I almost died of pure joy. Many blessings,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in Montreal, Rosemary. My grandparents lived on Mount Royal, I remember sleepovers there in a HUGE house.
      Not sure how long I lived there but everytime I go back, I feel like I'm coming 'home'
      Montreal is architecturally stunning. . so so much history/culture and beauty.
      It's a crying shame about the language cops, they are souring the very essense of this beautiful city :-(

      Delete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.