Jul 21, 2011

Musings of This, That and Other Things




I named her 'Stick Chick'
I had a hard time not staring at her. Very chic outfit, 3/4 length wide bottom silk pants, top showcasing her petit figure. Hair perfect, make up perfect,accessories perfect. A little much for Costco,but she showed me up in my runners, summer blouse and dark blue jeans. 
What captivated my attention was how she was walking in her stilettos. Women sway their beautiful hips when they walk, and yeah, most of us know how to work it especially in a pair of killer boots. But her? How do I describe this? She walked like she was going to fall off those 4" stilettos at any moment. Her gait stilted,unsure.. her steps like those of a geisha in feet that were bound. She was going to have very sore lady bits at the end of the day. Stick stiff way to move one's legs and hips, honey. 
Normally I am able to contain my reactions in public or at the very least wait till I'm well past the situation but not today, ohhh no, I busted out right in front of her.
Shit, how the hell was I going to get out of this one, I couldn't stop. It was so comical, didn't she have a clue how she looked walking? The click click clicking of her heels was as offensive as the walk itself. I was waiting to hear some sort of rhythm as we normally do when a woman sashays in heels. This? It was like an out of tune recorder with nails running across a chalkboard. Ouch.
Lucky for me I had my iPhone in my hand (yeah ok, it's normal nesting place.) and made like I had gotten a funny text. Thank GOD for my sunglasses still on my face, saved! (but not by much.)

Speaking of... People of Walmart has nothing on some People of Costco, stick chick aside. Passed a shall we say 'trailer park' type of woman. She was sporting an unnatural shade of blonde, wearing tight leggings with silver 3" chunky heels anchored on her foot by a fat strap across the front part. Oh. My. God. For real?? I couldn't even tell you what her top was, the pants and shoes too loud for me to notice. 
I'm not the most stylish chick out there, my preferences leaning towards jeans and workout attire (up to date thank you very much) but damn, I know what works, what doesn't. And that did.not.work.

Can you tell it's my PMS week? A wee bit catty I am & I don't much care. It's a wicked wicked pms week and I can't shake off the bitchiness. Hubby's thankfully (on his part ) out of town and daughter is deflecting well. Just be glad you are not in my field of vision doing or wearing something stupid or I'd blog about you too.

I rock. Yeah, I'm blowing my horn but hey, I calls it like it is. I am going back 'home' for a visit soon and have managed to snag my high school besties for a morning/lunch meet. Yeah, high school besties, Alumni '81. Do the math, I'm so not spelling it out. I'm SUPER pumped. Last time must be close to 10 years ago. Nothing like hooking up with those who are the feed for most of one's memories. (details and events best not shared publicly, a couple of these people are connected I'm sure.ha ha ) 
A few hours where the passage of time is forgotten. These are my lifelong, with a capital B, Besties, ( Donna GSueDonna L and Lynn) those that have known me a better part of my life and still love me. The core of who we are remaining unchanged, even if we have. Let the wine and memories flow.. 

What about you, my bloggy friends, what are your musings of the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.