Oct 9, 2011

Musings of This, That and Other Things




I started back at the gym. Every summer I take two months off but this year I cut it down to one. And I'm thanking the powers that be I did.
My trainer changed up her usual, she is now taking great pleasure in metabolic training. I'm not kidding when I say pleasure.
It hurts.
50 minutes of metabolic training. Kettle bells, squats, burpees, mountain climbers..you name it, she's all over it.
And damned if I don't love it... after it's done, with a mug of frothy cappuccino in my hands, far away from the gym. ha ha


I went shopping the other day, or rather attempted it. Mistake. 
Bad one. 
What the hell was I thinking? 
I went during prime time, smack in the middle of  'that time of the month'. 
Hello?? Who does that? Dumbass me apparently. Brilliant. Not.
I was traumatized. 

I consoled myself, I bought a remote switch for my camera, took it to a restaurant and admired it over a glass of Pinot Grigio. Both went a long way to sooth my ruffled feathers.
Screw the shopping.


I'm working on 3 months trying to get my nails back into shape after a seven month stint of gel nails. It really sucks to have to baby one's nails after having gels, those things take abuse like nobody's business. But the damage to the nail bed isn't worth it. I was directed towards an awesome new treatment by an equally awesome childhood friend. 
Now I shellac. Do you?
Wanna


iSad.
The world lost a good one this month. R.I.P. Steve Jobs.  Thank you for your genius, for changing the world. Your trade mark black turtleneck and jeans will be missed.  
Safe journey, my friend.


Went to Shaw cable to return hardware with eldest daughter a few days ago. 
Dude says to a customer service representative, "The Chinese are making cell phones that pop popcorn and render children brain dead." 
"Beware of those microwave aliens", replied my daughter without missing a beat. 
I lost it and I have a hearty laugh.
She's been working retail for wayyy to long and we probably deserved that dirty look.
But it was worth it. ;-) 


A city with a population of almost a million can be a small place after all. 
Hubby and his friend were talking about.. well whatever it is boys talk about on their lunch breaks. Friend mentioned he went to Cook County over the weekend. A country bar well known for it's um... cougars. Hubby mentioned I had celebrated a birthday there a few years back with one of my ex-friends named Brandi. ( my daughters and other close friends were there too, I had a chance to observe. Not only cougars but aggressive ones at that!) 
" Brandi?", Buddy says, " A short blonde by any chance?" 
Hubby laughed,nodding his head. 
Yup.. definitely her. 
Rawwrrr.


What about you, my bloggy friends, what are your musings of the day?

1 comment:

  1. Your story about your trip to Shaw Cable made me laugh out loud... thank you.

    My musings... oh God, don't get me going! I'm working my hardest to stay positive.

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.