Mar 29, 2012

When Japan meets Canada.. again.


Ten years ago I hosted two Japanese students through an exchange program at my daughter's school. We had them for a short time but 'adopted' them as our own. For the last two weeks we've had the pleasure of having one of them come back for a visit. A few photographs marking the time spent with such a beautiful young woman. 


Anime Ayu. Such expressive eyes.
It's mind blowing how little the Japanese pack for two weeks. I put the hair elastic there to give you an idea of two weeks worth of toiletries.  
Ayu asked us to take a picture of her in the  snow. It had just snowed big fat flakes. To our surprise she dove face first in the snow. My daughter was laughing so hard she could hardly snap the pic.
Ah, no one does Origami Cranes like the Japanese. 
She fell in love with Canada for the second time, we fell in love with her all over again. I shall miss her .. terribly.



1 comment:

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.