Jul 7, 2013

Can't hide it.


'Three things can not be long hidden:
The Sun, the moon, and the truth."
-Buddha.


What people think is true:
I'm hard edge.
What actually is: While I'm not a pollyanna type, I'm a hella lot more sensitive than I let on, I just hide it really well.

What people think is true:
I speak two languages.
What actually is: I speak three. English, French and Sarcasm

What people think is true:
I'm not patient enough with some people
What actually is: I don't handle stupid well, so ummm yeah.

What people think is true:
I'm strong.
What actually is: Yes I am but contrary to popular belief, I'm not strong ALL the damn time.

What people think is true:
I'm a bitch.
What actually is: I stand up for what I believe is right, I speak out against what I believe is wrong. I call a spade a spade. If that makes me a bitch, then I'm a damn proud one.

What people think is true:
I am funny.
What actually is:
Quite often I hide behind my humour.

What people think is true:
 I'll be there through thick and thin.
What actually is:
Not so ready to be there rain or shine anymore. I'm growing much more selective.

What people think is true:
I have it easy because I don't work.
What actually is:
No f*$&ing comment. That's pure Bull. Shit. and does not deserve a comment.

What people think is true:
I don't have weight issues.
What actually is:
Thanks, but you are dead wrong. I might not have significant weight issues but they are there nevertheless and not going away any frackin' time soon.

What people think is true:
I can handle confrontation of any kind.
What actually is:
While I won't back down from it, I will try to defuse if it warrants it. Unless it touches my family then you rue the day you ever crossed my path.
I can name names of those who tried.
And failed. Miserably.

What people think is true:
I can be. . . crabby at times.
What actually is: I have functional hypoglycemia. Want the list of symptoms? They are many. I fight hard to control it but at times, when life gets too bloody busy it gets the short end of the stick and I pay for it. Dearly.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.