Jul 7, 2013

For Today



For Today

Outside my mother's kitchen window... 
I see signs of summer in her neighbourhood. Children hard at play, people sitting out talking loud enough to be heard four houses down. ( french people talk loud naturally ) I'm down for 3 weeks while I help her rebound from a knee replacement operation.

I am thinking...
about tonight's supper. Yup, I've got food on the brain today. Pre Aunt Flo's visit, stupid bitch. She's well worn her welcome after X amount of years. ( yeah, like I'll put the number of years down for all to know. Pfffhhhttt ) 

I am thankful for...
the rate at which my Mom is gaining strength post-op. Damn she's a hellova strong woman. Big grin!
    
From the Kitchen...
I'm eyeing the mountain of pots and pans I hand washed and piled on the drying rack. They are balanced precariously and I'm a klutz, bad combo. Mom's sleeping. Even worse combo. 

I am wearing...
the lightest summer clothes I own. The humidity levels are through the roof in this province, I live where's it's dry. I can kiss my mother's feet for her AC. ( yeah I can but I'd hafta be dead drunk first ha ha. Just stating my appreciation at this lovely air conditioning )  

I am creating...
a photographic folder of my mother's bounty in her beautiful garden. I have shit for beans for talent in the gardening department sadly. I am enjoying the beauty of vivid colours, kissed by rain and Mother Nature herself.
  
I am going...
to nap this afternoon. Don't dare text me or call me,you'll be taking your life in your own hands if you dare rouse me out of the tropical planet I'm visiting in my dreams.

I am reading...
the package of sterile bandages I have to soak and use on my mother's leg which is housing 35 staples keeping her skin from splitting open and displaying her muscles, bones, plasma and cells. . . The staples I have to clean/disinfect. If I go slowly enough I can count the staples as I pass over them. Bwahahaha  is your stomach is flipping? Mine's fine.

I am hoping... 
more like prayin' to the car gods I don't scratch/dent/rub up against anything with my mother's car. You have to understand something here, this is the 1st time in my life she's let me drive her car! ( albe it out of necessity)  Holy shit, this is a huge moment in my life ha ha. This woman lends her car to no one. Ever. I want to shove it in my sisters's faces bad. But I'm not that petty, damn it. 

I am hearing...
my father's dog snore. How the hell can a freaking dog snore THAT loudly already?! 

Around my parents's house...
I am trying not to kill their plants. Or drown them. I am a serial plant killer. GULP!

One of my favourite things...  
when I come back 'home' is to face dive into the foods I grew up on. Which are all very very unhealthy. But ooooh soooo good :-D  I'll pay the stupid piper after. As my daughter says, 'And not a calorie fuck was given' 

A few plans for the week...
playing nursemaid to my patient. 

Here is a picture I thought worth sharing...

Hubby and I on an evening walk. The kid in me wants to run hell bent for leather and jump off the end of that pier. 



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo, thanks for sharing. Wishing your mother a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is working out wonderfully for her, Linda. I'll be doing this again when she gets her other knee replaced.
      Glad you liked the picture :-) It was taken with an iPhone 5.

      Delete
  2. YOu are a good daughter to help out your Mother like this. Good on you! Many blessings. Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.