Jun 26, 2011

For Today




For Today


Outside my window...
I see clouds heavy with moisture. Gee, it's not going to rain again is it? I need my rubber boots to walk in the back yard. Enough already,we're good to go!

I am thinking...
how quickly summer will pass. And once again, Autumn. My favorite time of the year, we won't talk about the ugly that comes after. 

I am thankful for...
my physiotherapist. But I won't tell her. She's mean. 'Tough love' she calls it. Pffhht.

From the Kitchen...
I  am in a cooking funk. Weird. Where did that come from? 

I am wearing...
yesterday's t-shirt with a pair of lululemon shorts. Got lazy last night. 

I am creating...
a plan to keep me busy this summer. Might or might not involve extended family, pottery, classes.

I am going...
to buy a lottery ticket and convince myself it's a winner. Hubby, quit your job, girls.. your heart's content. Extended family, let's talk. Besties, let's meet somewhere tropical. Certain charities, you're welcome. Everyone else... you are S.O.L. ( shit outta luck) 

I am reading...
status updates, blogs,news stories... you know, juicy informative stuff.  ;-)

I am hoping...
one of my kids will show up at my door with supper. Lol.. I know. But I can hope, can't I?

I am hearing...
squawking. Why can a magpie be so pretty yet have such an intrusive sound?

Around the house...
I see signs of my lil spitfire's imagination. A nest of dried grass with bird 'eggs' .(those pebbles will take a while to hatch) From  between the couch cushions, I see one of her socks filled with 'stuff'. I think she was shopping?  In the corner I see signs of her ,cooking, pancakes.
Ain't imagination grand. :-) 

One of my favorite things...
is eating hotdogs with a mound of hot french fries, hot wings, greasy pizza if the notion hits. Snacking on white bread toast dripping with butter and slathered with creamy peanut butter or melted old cheddar cheese. Maybe sneaking in a couple of double chocolate cookies..
Not that I can do that anymore, but it IS one of my favorite things. sigh.


A few plans for the week...
going to put my face to the sun, figure out my next 30 years...

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

I've had a few moments lately































1 comment:

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.