Jun 30, 2011

Musings of This, That and Other Things




Musings of This, That and Other Things, 

Wow I've never been at such a loss for musings. It's like my brain has stopped and is refusing to start again. I haven't been out in public lately, no little quips or funny happenings in my world. My four walls are swallowing me wholeeeee.. save meeeeeeeee.......

( I have been out since I wrote this and true to form, it's never boring venturing into the masses)

A great place all around.
The manager at Olive Garden is awesome. Ever taste their coffee? It is soooo good. But they don't sell it to the general public anymore. One has to charm staff into some free stuff... And charm I did. Hello yummy coffee tomorrow morning. Thank you, Mr. Manager. :-)  ( FYI, I scored some last time from Chef, he made a big production coming out and gifting me with a whole bunch. He was very charming )

Parking Wars.
It's called Parking 101. Today we are focusing on handicapped drivers. I do not begrudge you your right to zoned parking spots. You should have them BUT let's review shall we? Let's discuss the reason for those little yellow lines that square off each parking space. You are lucky, yours is double wide. Lots of space to make it easy. BUT what's not okay is when you park to the far right of your space with your wheels over those pretty little yellow lines. The one parking space left for little ol' non handicapped me, and your van is hogging part of my space, on an angle no less.
I don't care what your handicap is, that's just greedy honey.

Handicapped.. sort of.
Speaking of. Have you ever seen this? Someone drive into to a handicap parking spot,alone, you see them reach for the handicapped sign and hook it on the rear view mirror? As you watch them exit their vehicle you know full well they are not the ones handicapped.  That's just not right and that's just greedier.

Momma would be so proud. Not.
One of my all time pet peeves is having someone ( read male ) hawk up a spit bomb in the back of their throat and launch serious air into the spit. In front of me. I find it to be a low class insulting thing to do in front of somebody. ( read female ) It takes a concentrated effort for me to shut my mouth and carry on, it takes longer for my stomach to stop roiling over the sound/sight of it. It disgusts me. Youngsters ( read 15 to 25 yrs old )  have no problem doing it but I have to think if I was a hot 20 yr old, that wouldn't happen. My hand twitches and I want to reach out and smack the back of his head.


Becoming Chaz Bono. 
I watched the two hour special on him. What a fascinating heart wrenching story. It was hard to feel his pain at times but I believe it's made him who he is today. I'm sure whatever he's lost along the way, he's gained more in the long run. I hope his momma comes to full acceptance soon, he needs that.. What an incredible story and human being.



What about you, my bloggy pals, what are your musings of the day?

3 comments:

  1. The Spit thing KILLS me! If I ever caught one of my sons doing this, I would beat them!!!!

    You have me so curious about the coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am curious about the coffee. I'm addicted to the bread sticks, nuts about the salad, and adore the soup (the potato one)...but coffee? I don't think I've ever tried the coffee. Sounds like a hell of an excuse for a lunch date, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get me started on my pet peeves... like those pants hanging off a kid's hips, his underwear blousing over them and the crotch below his knees..... How do people even walk like that? Like you, it's all I can do to keep my tongue between my teeth and not say something.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.