Jul 3, 2012

Musings of This, That and Other Things.




I was stunned to be told my yearly check up was three years ago. Really? Can you double check that please?
... Crap, three years ago,eh? 
 It's sooo easy to put it off knowing what I have to go through on a yearly basis. I already have rotten memory so forgetting to set up a physical is much easier to forget. ha ha  Let's just say I don't do physicals well. But wait! The rules have apparently changed. No more yearly for the dreaded pap now. It's every 3 years so I'm right on target. Boo Ya, not going to get in trouble with the doc then. Whew!
It seems the medical profession have been getting back too many false positives on paps and they are after changing that.
Hey, no problem Doc, honest. Next one in 3 years. Check.
In the mean time however, I had to go through the whole enchilada, save for the mammogram in mid July. Oh joy. Oh bliss. Love love getting them down to the size of crepes. Yeah.. you say pancakes, I say crepes. I'm of the Small Chested Clan. We are Few but Proud, often found relying on our other ahh attributes. In my case my abundance of hair, which adds to my dizzying height of 5'2.5.
But I digress. Which I often do so it's not such a deviation of my usual self. My family's quite accustomed to me doing a 180 mid sentence or answering back 20 minutes later, after I've done chasing the rapid fire thoughts going through that head of mine.
...Oh.. I just did it again, didn't I.
Apologies.
Anyhow, as I was saying.. wait..what was I talking about again?
Oh yeah.. crepes and doctors. So blah blah blah about all else, point of the matter is this:
I got tested to see where I was in my menopausal cycle seeing as I've been channeling a psyco bitch lately. (in my weak defence there are extenuating circumstances mixed in there too mmkay? ) Turns out I am my chronological age. Shit. you mean I can't even use the menopause card anymore? 
Says the doctor to me, ' Looks like you come by being a royal bitch naturally, Jamie.'
Why thank you, Doc. Oddly enough I take that as a compliment. :-)

Ok, seriously. Do we have a need for sirens in a residential area at 2:30 in the morning?? Fire trucks, ambulances right outside my window. Blinds wide open with those lights and that noise does not make for a good sleep. Like it's the first time they've showed up at that particular house and walked away. Can't there be a 'no lights/sirens' on the second/fifth visit?? 

Discovered something that works like a charm for me. It's going to sound strange but hey, I'm 'special' if not anything. When I come face to face with strong negative emotions that I need to deflect I simply take my glasses off.
Huh? Wha??
Yup, I take my glasses off. It's weird, I know, but it's what I found works for me.
I have this.. problem?  where I take on people's emotions. Call it what you wish, I know what I am.  Sometimes I am unable to process it and I need to get it to 'bounce' off. I've recently started learning/knowing how. But those strong ones, they are hard to deflect. Fear not, I've got this one!
I have rotten eyesight, my glasses are double thins and cost an arm and a leg. If I take them off I can't see the nose on your face. So if I can't see the nose on your face, I can't see your eyes or what comes through them.
Ergo, I can deflect. Damn I'm brilliant. 
Even if I'm half way blind. 
Which means, if you see me take off my glasses while you are on a never ending rant or bitch, I'm hearing you but I'm not jumping on board. 
Unless of course you are gearing up to throw me a punch. 
Then you best make it a good one because I can promise I'll get the last one in. ha ha 
( omg, get off your high horse, I'm kidding... sort of. Lover not a fighter. ;-P ) 

Funniest thing I saw the other day. I'm in hubby's truck getting ready to back up when up pulls this woman in the stall next to me slamming on the brakes of her car. Daughter beside her gets thrown forward with her long hair following, seat belt engaging. I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing, window open and yes, both looked over. Daughter looked sheepish, Mother laughing with me. Mother explains she does this when Daughter gets lippy. Shuts the kid right up right on the spot. How freaking smart of her. How come I never thought of doing that when my girls were teens..? 
Because I probably would of taken it a step further and put my youngest through the bloody thing. Lippy didn't cut it with that child. 
Does she know how lucky she is??
I have to say, I find it funny now when I see things like this. I can. I'm SO done with the dreaded teenage years. (even if I'm on lifelong meds due to developing an allergy to those little demons) 

I was pretty proud of myself having constructed a home made portable studio. ( the kind to photograph small objects ) Took some pretty neat photographs of pomegranates. In walks my husband and he laughs at me and my studio. Well phhfffttt, it works doesn't it?
Turns out he had bought me one that I could fold up and take anywhere. I couldn't with mine as it was constructed of white printing paper. While his is the neatest little thing, I still want points for ingenuity. (If truth be told I'm going to enjoy his much more.)

The grand conversation between him and I lately consists of when to sell the house and where to go on vacation. The first decision will be made by the housing market, which isn't the best at the moment. Ok, problem solved. Bide our time. Check.
The second is a dilemma. He wants to go to Africa on a wild game hunt. I'm not a hunter but I would go on a photographic expedition while he went to do his murdering caveman thing. I'm willing to bend and meet him half way. It would be SO cool to see and experience it.
On the other side of the coin, I want to introduce him to Hawai'i.  ( yup, completely self serving. It would be a yearly thing ) I can't describe that place to you if you've never been. I'm  not talking Honolulu either. I want to take him to Maui. To my Maui, the one I got to know on my travels when I had the day to myself. I think I have him almost there. ( Africa will come eventually if Hawai'i comes first. )
And how simple was it? This simple:


Fresh mahi mahi flown in from Hawai'i that day. Served with pineapple mango salsa. Our 25th year anniversary supper. He's never had it before but I have when I went to Maui. Macadamia nut encrusted mahi mahi in fact. By the ocean. With a sweetly scented tropical breeze and the beautiful music of the Ukelele accompanied by an equally magical singing voice in the background. I'm sorry but there is no life till you've dined in Hawai'i in such a setting.
He loved the fresh fish. Wait till he tastes it with a fresh hawaiian pineapple. I still crave for it four years later. There's simply no better pineapple.
.. dirty play? Maybe. But I think I have him there. :-) 
Now honey remember these two words; 'Aloha' and 'Mahalo'

Maui 2007

 What about you, my bloggy pals, what are your musings and thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud thru this whole post. You made my day!
    As far as hunting in Africa...take your camera because I don't think they let anybody shoot anything there anymore. Back in the 50's maybe. Hubby and I and our daughter "went on safari" in Kenya and Tanzania. Something everyone alive should do--so utterly amazing. So nice to read this lovely post. I loved it. ( the second large glass of wine might have something to do with that).
    Blessings,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.