Aug 26, 2010

Musings of This, That and Other Things



At the park with my daughter and lil spitfire, a girl overheard us calling to the baby.
Girl: Did you just call her (name)
Daughter: Yup.
Girl: That's my daughter's name. :-)
Daughter: I love it! 
Girl: Where did you first hear it? 
Daughter: On T.V.
Girl: Yeah! I first heard it on Oprah.
Daughter: Lol I heard it on Maury.
Me: Groan Save me. 

I made a quick stop at the mall, had to pick up one item. Is there anything worse than having to go in a busy mall to get one item? I was rushing back , intent on getting  home and out of traffic. ( if anyone tells hubby I was rushing, he won't believe you. He thinks I shop in one gear only.) 
I was lost in thought,not paying attention and from a place far far away I heard, "Sorry." 
It took five long seconds for me to realize it was directed at me. Snapping out of my revere, I whipped around to see a very sweet old man looking at me quizzically. Directing my million $ megawatt smile reserved for older folks ( they love it ) I had him repeat his question, profusely apologizing as I answered him. What a sweet man, I was thinking.
" Oh that's ok, no need to apologize" he smiled, " You're not such a bitch after all." 
I laughed all the way to the jeep. Ya just never know..

Driving down the highway with my daughter, we noticed an SUV pull up beside her,two guys peering over to check her out. Smiling to myself, happy for the self esteem boost to her I turned my attention back to the road. Not 30 seconds later, my daughter points to my window, same SUV, same guys peering over to see the driver. I laughed, it strikes me at times how they would feel if they knew they were looking at a 47 year old woman. ( I'm told I don't look my age, hell don't be bitter, I've got NO boobs, I'm short. I'll takes what I can gets, thank you very much). Only daughter doesn't think it's so funny, no one is supposed to be checkin' out her momma. If you think that's bad, she's downright nasty to those that check out my handsome hubby. ( the women here are slightly more aggressive when they set their $$grubbing radar sights on hubby.) 

I have to tell ya, I'm sick, sore and tired of owning animals that shit themselves. I owned a long haired cat that used to shit herself when she had the runs. You wanna know what it's like to grab a tiger by the tail to wash it's ass? It should come with danger pay, my bloggie friends. I bear the scars to this day. And yet again, another animal that does the same. Only the sick son of a bitch stupid dog likes his ass washed.. I'm down to my last 'love glove' as my smart mouthed hubby calls it. Without gloves to do the dirty deed, the stupid dog can sleep outside. ARGH.

We were buried in smoke from the forest fires burning out of control next province over. 
Daughter, opening the door, "Mom, is it healthy for the trades to be outside working in all this smoke?"
Me, " You ask as you head outside for a cigarette?"

I was editing some things I had written and managed to delete a story I was working on. I can't get back. I don't have the energy or brain power left to start over.  But waaaaaa I liked it. Stupid me. Stupid keyboard. Stupid day. ( I won't bitch to hard, my gf lost her entire writings once.. and she's a writer. Omg, my stomach turns just thinking about it. ) 

I witnessed the most amazing thing while waiting in line for coffee. Behind me came this couple, he- blind and deaf, her- mute. Yet they carried on the most animated conversation I was almost envious not to be a part of. She would tap him on the shoulder, a signal for his hands to come into position. She would sign underneath them and he would respond. A real Hellen Keller moment. I knew she was mute when she took a piece of paper to write her order. I walked away, deeply touched by the beautiful couple/picture they made.

5 comments:

  1. You know how to write!
    And I noticed you take photos too, beautiful!
    See you again - you got a new follower! :)

    Follow Friday 40 and over greetings from Casablanca, Morocco...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're funny, that scene in the car, hilarious!
    And your last thought about the deaf/mute couple - beautiful!
    Found you on Follow Friday 40 ... and a fellow Canadian to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a no of interesting things. the little old guy was cute. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny! I can see you now with the guys in the SUV!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny stuff...Hi. I am a new blogger and am following you. I hope you will follow me back. I've enjoyed browsing your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.