Aug 26, 2011

For Today



For Today


Outside my window...
I feel the seasons contemplating change through the cool morning air. This is when I'm most energized.. content. 

I am thinking...
about the passing of a well loved political figure. I don't follow politics.. much, but he was such a charismatic man. We lost a good one. Journey well, Jack.  " My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. "  

I am thankful for...
Attitude. Karma. Food, wine and belly laughs. People with no hidden agendas, fires at night. Spontaneous road trips. Daughters, grand daughters, sisters, mothers..

From the Kitchen...
I am writing out favorite recipes in the cookbook my girls will get after I win the lotto and hire a personal chef, in my new house in the Cayman Islands.
Off my planet, this is my fantasy :-P

I am wearing...
my usual summer attire but I am looking very much forward to getting in my 'comfort zone' (as my daughter calls it) again. Heavier clothes, hoodies, hmm maybe new runners. 

I am creating...
a memento, of sorts. Some pictures I've taken to share with family over the holidays.

I am going...
Stir. Freaking. Crazy.

I am reading...
all my typos. Impressive. Apparently my fingers aren't playing nice with the keyboard today. Or my brain is on hiatus. 

I am hoping...
for a longgggggg drawn out Autumn. For once.

I am hearing...
the coyotes howling.. such a haunting musical melody.

Around the house...
I see order and clean. Ahhh my daughter's an awesome one to shine up my house when she's ocd'ing. ;-)

One of my favorite things...
is losing a pound or two, even if I gain it back. I can still lose it. Boo Ya.

A few plans for the week...
Shaking the cobwebs outta my brain, they're starting to solidify.  

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...


 Dog ownership. Fun.  ;-)





2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'd love to answer the q's too, but right now I'm, uh, too, uh, under the influence to make sense. The pic of your granddaughter made me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sat down and started reading: the lady in waiting, the things that freak you out and piss you off, the questions and answers. Interesting read. I can relate on alot of levels here. I know who I am, where I've been and where I am going, but sometimes, just once every week or so, I find myself waiting around for the next thing. It's hard to stay in the moment. I also LOVE mothers, sisters, and daughters. Precious. Hang in there--the best is yet to come, in all our lives.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.