Aug 29, 2011

Musings of This, That and Other Things




Pedestrians have the right of way,I get that. I just don't get joggers. Here they come barreling across the marked pedestrian crossings and don't push the  warning signal.  That's right, Sugar, I have x-ray vision and can see you flying out from behind trees and light standards to which my very heavy vehicle can stop right.now.
I don't get their line of thinking. They figure they are stronger than kryptonite? They are above the crosswalk laws? They figure they'll just bounce off my Jeep and keep jogging if I can't stop on time? 
They drive me crazy.
I think some of them are also like some church people; dress the part to see and be seen. On Sundays. While the rest of the week they are doing things decidedly unrelated to what they 'preach'.
Yeah.. I know, I'm not a nice person.



Aother huge pet peeve of mine? Being honked at from behind while waiting to make a safe left hand turn  sends me through the stratosphere, instantly. 
Hey, Asshole, I'm trying to turn safely, climb over top of me if I'm ruining your life.
I have to physically work to calming myself down, it pisses me off that bad. And I won't tell you how I sometimes react. 

Breath, Jamie, breath...


I'm respectful and aware of my surroundings but it drives me batty when others seem to think they own the very air we breath. I also know the days I shouldn't be out on the road and I generally try to do everyone a favor and stay off it. But this city is an amazing display of egos, carelessness and disregard for human life,theirs and mine. And here I taught both girls to drive in it, barely. 


I got frustrated a few days ago and deleted one of my blog posts. Honestly? Why do so many people search 'skinny old women in bathing suits'??? I had downloaded that picture off the internet because it applied to my post I was writing about.
It has been an ongoing search within my stats. Got tired of it so I chucked it.
If truth be told I don't want to know why you are looking up old ladies in thong bikinis. Truly. Really. Don't.




I posted this on Facebook the other day, I'll throw it over here too.
There are certain expressions that grate me like nails on chalkboard. Words like 'hellz' and 'lolz'. Overusage of the word 'Epic' . My daughter uses 'Nom Nom Nom' because she knows it bugs me. I have a few more but I'll pass this on to you. What are your back teeth gnashing words? 



Another FB status. ( Last week was a long one, I was all over it. Normally I cruise in and out. Come find me on Facebook if you so take the notion. Just let me know who you are as I don't normally accept requests from unknown names! ) 
I'm in the midst of adding recipes to the family cookbook, a long overdue task I've put off for a year or three for a while now. I've come to realize I'm so used to the keyboard that I can only write out two or three recipes a day before my hand cramps up. Long gone are the days I used to write pages of stories or handed in chapters of hand written assignments in school.
This makes me feel melancholy for some odd reason and in a real way, old....er . ( *wink* )





What about you, my bloggy friends, what are your musings of the day?

3 comments:

  1. Any slang these days grates on my nerves - but I think that's because I'm getting too old to understand it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that or your ears are assaulted by teen speak...daily. Seven. Days. A. Week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an issue with pedestrians myself, I've hit THREE of them. Seriously! But that's a story for another day. Here's the thing, even when they have the right of way, would you rather be right or dead?

    Most slang bothers me, but I find it bothers me more in print than in general speaking. However, seeing the word booger in print always gives me a tickle. Don't know why lol.

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.