Oct 14, 2009

Clarity in the moment

Sometimes there are moments where clarity hits sideways.
I had such a moment today, sitting in my hairdresser's chair.
She and I go back a long ways. I had the good fortune of finding
her at the previous place I went for my hair needs. We hit it off right away.
I 'lost' her for a couple of years and lo and behold , as I was boarding a
plane to Hawaii, there she was. What luck! Or was it.. luck?
She and I have intense conversations once every eight weeks. Anything from
soup to nuts and the messes inbetween. I love those times and conversations with her.

During our visits, when she draws from me, she gives back with the core of who she is , her very essence. She's not even aware she does it with me but I recognize it and feel it.
When I draw from her, I make sure I give back what I take much in the same way.

There's been a decision I've had to make recently and it's not been an easy one but of all people, I knew she'd understand. She bought that T-shirt already.
At a point in the conversation I said that when someone takes from another,
(be it tangible or otherwise ) a person must replace that. As soon as the words were out of my mouth, the decision I had made rightened itself in one fell swoop. I had just balanced my scales and fully understood
why I had made that decision. I actually stopped talking for a heartbeat, I heard the 'click'.
I also know now why I don't have to shield my 'self' from some people. It is what I know on a
much deeper level. Something I recognize instinctively. They give back some 'thing' of themselves, freely, without drawing or pulling from me.
Read up on sensitives and empaths.
No, it's not paranormal, it's just simply (or maybe not so simply) what I am.

As I prepare for bed, I feel a sense of peace. I don't think my dreams
will be invaded with my decision. (Such weird dreams lately but I knew why.)

Clarity, be it the sideways or in your face kind , it's a good thing.
:-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie,
    Love your blog (I'll be back!)And thanks for visiting mine.
    Glad you made your decision - I'm sure it's the right one!
    I usually find an answer when I give up 'trying' to find it and just leave my subconscious mind to work it out. And very often it's some unexpected outside factor - like your hairdresser - that provides the missing piece of the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.