Oct 28, 2009

Probie in training- Ode to my sister




I didn't expect a career change at this point of my life
but there you have it.
Probie.
It's my name, it's the game.

Training started early, in that small unique shopping mecca.
Looks were deceiving, shadows shifting ever so slightly.
My sister was my trainer. She looked at me, asked me what he was wearing.
I was hooked. The training was intense.
Nefarious characters everywhere, my eyes darted from this person to
that suspicious one lounging over there.
He was talking on the cell, and I knew the moment he made us.
Action was required. I had her back, she had mine.

I hauled her into the building as quickly as I could.
What was that smell?
Following my nose, I fell upon an unbeliveable operation.
Bagels, thousands of them. I looked at my sister and
she gave a slight nod of her head.
Muscles tight with anticipation, I sprang into action.
"Two dozen sesame seed bagels please", I looked at him.
Gathering intel was hard work but it was worth the price.
Even if I had to eat two dozen bagels to uncover his game.
My sister approved. I passed the test.

She told me what the general population didn't know left them
unprotected and defenseless.
But I'm protected for I am PROBIE.
I owe it to my sister. She is the Sensi of this job and I am
her Grasshopper.
I can't devulge any information or names,
the sworn secrecy of the Probie.
It's my name, it's the game.

2 comments:

  1. I'm French so excuse my poor english...
    I can rely on what you wrote... I had the same training :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. then we are part of an exclusive and elusive team
    :-)))
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.