Oct 4, 2009

But I didn't SEE it!

Today was really busy with all I had to do, I was looking forward
to my coffee date with my good friend, Princess. ( a.k.a Michelle )
People watching, good conversation and laughing till
the tears were rolling down. ( get her to tell you about the canoe incident. City girls
and canoes don't mix. PERIOD )

But as is all good things, it had to come to an end. Sunday night's to do list still
to be done. Monday mornings come early enough. UGH

Off we go, ambling towards our cars, laughing about old Chapters days.
We get in, wave goodbye to each other. She veered right, I stepped on the gas,
intending of feeling the pull of the left hand turn and BANG! I heard
the sickening sounds of metal crunching on...something?
WTF? I blinked, confused. Hm, what just happened here?
And just WHERE did this STUPID light standard come from???

I backed up,peeling my jeep off and steered around it, goosing the gas pedal. I WAS going
to feel the g-forces of that left hand turn damn it! I made it home, parked the Jeep,crossed my fingers and opened my door.
Please God, I prayed, don't let it be too bad.

A good portion of the wheel well is torn in half, there's a big fat scratch and dent just before the driver's door, my pride in tatters. But I started laughing, partly due to nerves, partly due to the fact I now have to tell my hubby what I did.

In the many years since I've had my driver's licence I have NEVER done anything like this.
Believe me, you don't live where I do and manage to avoid accidents ( fool damn drivers )
without testimony to your driving skills.
And what do I do?? Run into a DAMN 4 foot cement cylinder that I"m parked ONE stall
away from.

Did I mention  I still have to tell hubby? GULP.
The 'GULP' is not from fear, he has never made me feel that, but rather from
embarrassment. And I know myself, I'll start bawling like a baby when I
tell him.
It's hard for me to wrap my head around what I did. I'm not perfect by any means,
don't get me wrong. But I just don't DO things like this.

Princess, you're picking me up next time. Apparently I can't see a lit light standard at night in
a parking lot that I'm parked right beside.
I would of rather been in that canoe with you and tumbled into the lake.

Time to face the music.... um, well maybe tomorrow when he calls.

** Addendum

I ended up txt'ing him. ( in my defense, I tried calling him first )
He called me within 5 seconds of me sending that text. He hadn't read it yet.
And true to form, I started bawling right away.
It frustrates him when I cry, I can't be understood and his initial
reaction is ' Shit, what happened now?? ' If I can't get it out right away
it's almost suspended time for him waiting to hear, I understand him on that. My heart goes to
the FLOOR when one of my daughters call crying hard. No matter the reason, the
reaction is always the same.

It's days like this I miss my Oh Shit Handle ( read the previous blog if you haven't already)
with every fiber of my being. I need a hug from him, that's what will chase it all away.
He'll be home in four days, I have no choice but to wait.
For now, I'm off in search of a hack saw to cut off the offending piece of fender.
hmm why does that make me feel better?
I know.. I'm 'erasing' my stupid mistake.
Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.