Oct 7, 2009

Foil, Fools and Facing Facts

Foil

Today I donned my Mama cape , fired up the Jeep and became 'Meals on Wheels' for my eldest daughter.
Armed with a bag full of frozen food foil containers  ( today's letter, kids, is the letter 'F' ) I became a woman on a mission. Get out of my way.
My mission, that I took upon myself to create, was to feed my beauty healthy home made food. She keeps crazy hours at work ( mostly due to childish insubordinate staff that she manages but that's a story for another day) and I know she doesn't eat home food much since moving out.
Well, we'll have none of that thank you very much. Now when I make supper, out comes that handy dandy little container. Don't matter if the family wants seconds, my kid will get her share. :-)
Mission accomplished,I'm satisfied. And I STILL get to mother her in my own sneaky little ways.

Fools

The lot of them are for sure. What IS it about this city that makes drivers treat these roads like the Indy 500?
Ok sure, I ran into a cement cylinder a few nights back, but people! that was in a parking lot doing 7 miles an hour. The fool that passed me today,( doing oh 45 above the speed limit ) cut me off, flipped ME the bird and ran the red? Fool, a dangerous one at that.

The three of them were for sure. Little sisters, you think I'm old? You , in your young twenties? Yes we were eyeing the same pair of jeans at the Gap but honies? I've had two kids, I have more curves born out of the sheer act of birthing those babies. And want to know the truth, if I wasn't happily married and decided to become a cougar, you little sweethearts couldn't hold a candle in many areas. I know what I want and how to get it, you are still trying to figure out where you're going and asking for directions.
By the way, you'll be MY age before you know it. You WILL experience the same moment you put me through.
Silly little fools.

I shake my head at some of the relationships I witness sometimes. Love , if it's a mathmatical equation, isn't readily understood by all. Lust? 2 + 2 down pat. Status, money, looks, the car. Yep, that'll keep you warm on a deep down level, happiness is yours to have. 'He's hotter to me because all the women look at him', ( are you shittin' me?! ) I'm twenty 28 years into my relationship, let me tell you the LONG road it takes to get here. Oh sorry, you know that already do you?
Fools in denial.

Facing Facts

I took quite a bit of time this weekend to think and process. It's been a year of let downs and tough realities. Some years are easy, some are not. C'est la vie. ( that's life ) I've had quite a few changes happen in the last few months and anyone who knows me, knows I can take it on the chin. But in doing so, I have had to accept a few home truths. Nope I'm not twenty anymore, I can't go indefinitly without sleep, I don't have the patience I used to and damn it all if some parts of me are rebelling. ( two upcoming surgeries , both unavoidable and yeah, I'm pissed about it ) But I've also come to accept that certain situations need to change. So I've declared the month of October as 'Me' month. It is a work in progress.
Facing Facts, not for the faint of heart. lol

And remember kids,
Today's letter is the letter 'F'

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.