Apr 10, 2011

For Today



For Today


Outside my window...
I see an early Sunday morning. Just a wee bit warmer will find me drinking my first cuppa golden elixir outside listening to the town slowly wake up.

I am thinking...
about the delicious breakfast I'm about to enjoy because I. am. not. cooking. it.

I am thankful for...
having slept. Period.  Everyone guess my age bracket. :-P

From the Kitchen...
I see an empty sink. It confuses me for a moment. Oh, right. On account of my daughter moving out. Yay!! ( to the empty sink in case you are wondering.. okay, who am I kidding. To both! ha ha Love you daughter o' mine. xo ) 

I am wearing...
my PJs and if I don't hurry it up, I'm going to be late for breakfast. Did I mention it was breakfast out. In a restaurant? Where I don't have to cook. Or clean. Or do dishes. Yeah, be a little bit envious. 

I am creating...
again. ahhhh yes. Feels soo good. 

I am going...
to do my best to do the housework I was supposed to do. Four days ago. Yeah, yeah.. I know, I know. But. I. Abhor. Housework.

I am reading...
Storm Cycle. Iris Johansen. On my Kobo. Waiting for the newest Nora book. 

I am hoping...
I do not have to reschedule my trip for the 5th time. ( knockin' furiously on wood here. 
...Yes, my forehead. ) 

I am hearing...
the sound of my own heart beat. It's that quiet here! Yeah, be a little bit envious. 

Around the house...
I know I'm saying 'Yay!' because my daughter moved out but in truth I'm turning around in circles trying to find my 'empty nest' feet again. Feels like I lost my job.. again. It's hard. 

One of my favorite things...
Pussy willows. Brings me to a happy place. Instantly. Saw them yesterday,made my day.

A few plans for the week...
Getting prepared for my trip with hubby. He said the word 'shopping'. Uhoh wrong word. Long winter. Trip coming up. In the mood to shop. You've 5 minutes to get ready or I leave without you, dear. 

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
On one hand, testimony to my daughter's awesome makeup talent. On another, sorta insulted I needed that much to not make me look like I hadn't slept in a week. Which I hadn't. Which I looked it. 



2 comments:

  1. The last time I heard my heart beating, I was anemic! LOL
    I so need some new makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelle BelleApril 11, 2011

    Awesome post Jamie...thanks for sharing again...I had alone time today and I have to say...awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.