Apr 3, 2011

Musings of This, That and Other Things



Musings of This, That and Other Things, 

I will let you in on a secret. I follow certain blogs anonymously. ( shocking, eh?) Not for the reasons you think. I go at some anonymously because I don't want my real life peeps knowing some of the sites I follow. A blogger leads a very public life, (no shit, Sherlock) and that comes at a cost. There are some blogs that are ... different bordering on strange (not in a sick type of way, get your minds outta gutter, peeps. Sheesh) and I've no need to be questioned why I follow. But there are other reasons I do what I do.
There is a particular blog I follow where if I wanted to, I could post anything, sign my name and no one would hunt me down look at me funny. I could bitch, whine, complain, swear a blue streak, tear a strip off someone who's pissed me off and I wouldn't be judged or condemned. Not that I have posted anything there yet, but just the thought that I could? Yeah...there's freedom in that. 
At times I get frustrated at myself for not having the courage to blog about what I need/want to. It is not my intention to hurt others but I know I will end up doing just that if I spill. 
Which defeats the purpose of a blog, no? Yet feelings have to be taken in account.
Don't get me wrong, for the most part I have no problems sharing things here. Be it through humor or otherwise. (I am known for getting serious on occasion  but I much prefer humor. I can get away with more. *wink* ) 
I don't pretend to be something I'm not here. What you see ( sarcasm, humor, at times bitch(y) ) is what you get. But, hey, a girl's gotta have some secrets, ya know?
Am I making sense, my bloggy pals? Do you do what I do? I've read a couple of your blogs so I know there are some out there who have to thread lightly for various reasons. While there are others who put it all out there. I completely respect both, bordering on being envious of the latter.
I'm sure you agree when I say it's a delicate balance at times.

The time has come. I am due for some retail therapy shopping... again. I did a wee bit couple of weekends ago and I bought something I haven't bought in ..what? 20 years? A dress! Yeah, stop the presses, it's a MAJOR news occurrence in Jamie's world. I. just. don't. do. dresses. But oooohhh this is such a cute little summer thing and frankly I'm sick sore and tired of winter wear. As I said on facebook, I figure I have officially scared away Ol' Man Winter when I flashed my winter white legs in the changing room.
You're welcome, bloggy pals. 

To clean the house by myself or to hire someone to do it? Daughter and the babe moved out again. ( second false start but she's trying!) I am left with many many little fingerprint marks e v e r y w h e r e. Truth? The job looks monumental to me right now, my little spitfire plum wore me down to the ground. I've never hired a maid before and hubby's after me to go ahead and do it. ( hmmm come maybe he's trying to tell me something?)  So I guess I just answered my own question.. (Open your wallet, dear hubby, and pay the maid. And by the way? I hired her on a weekly basis. Great idea,thanks Sweetheart! Um I've been thinking... can we talk about an interior designer, cook and driver? Honey? You look a little pale,you ok?? ) 

The time is fast approaching for my trip with hubby. ( one week Yayyy!)  I've rebooked this thing three times. I'm. ready. to. go. A week of no obligations, no meals to cook, no one to pick up after, no dogs to walk/poop scoop/rinse off, no phone calls to ignore ( luvvv call display. Oh come on, don't tell me you don't ignore calls either. pffft) no idiot neighbours to aggravate me by parking in front of MY house ( hubby says I must think I pay taxes for front house street parking. It's called 'front house parking etiquette' dear. And our neighbours on either side with their various family members/friends/cousins twice removed have ziltch.) .. shit, maybe I won't come back.. 
(why did I just get a mental picture of my girls fist pumpin'? Rotten kids, no respect I tell ya.) 

What about you, my bloggy pals, what are your musings of the day?

3 comments:

  1. Someone to clean my house...oh, I could only dream *sigh*.....
    My mantra: "just ignore the dirt today..go have a good time..the dirt will still be there tomorrow, it "ain't " going anywhere."
    If I say that three tines every day, hopefully I will come to believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My musing is that 50% of the population of the area I live in is gone..on spring break to places like AL and FL. When i go on vacation I go to get away from my neighbors...not to spend a week not letting my hair down :-)

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.