Apr 28, 2011

Pacific Ocean beauty

My husband and I recently spent a week on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. This is some of the Pacific Ocean's inhabitants. 


Hubby calls this an Ocean Onion 

All I could think of was, 'Ew'

Beautiful Shoreline

Half Octopus, half Starfish? 


Mussels by morning light

Wait for it...    Rock Stars? ;-)

Jelly Pod'ish type crustacean 

Found a dollar! (a.k.a Sand Dollar)

Underwater World 

Neighbours by choice

pretty waterpods

The ocean's very own spaghetti?

Nature's roughage 


A little colour to spruce up the decor

4 comments:

  1. I've never been to Vancouver, BC only to Victoria. Now you have me wanting to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What FABULOUS photography!!! I have never seen an "Ocean Onion" before. Is it animal or vegetable? The star fish I was seeing all winter had 4 to 5 legs. These are amazing.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a different world under the ocean! Great shots!!

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.