Sep 16, 2010

Musings of This, That and Other Things




It's been an insane summer and I'm not sorry to see it end. I've had my mother in law, my daughter and little spitfire move in within the same week, and I recently had an operation. It's five o'clock somewhere, right? ;-)

It's all about the discount, isn't it... I'm wanting to find a part time job but I want to work where the discount rocks. After 20 some years of retail, I'm picky, choosey and self serving. And I like it that way. 

So...my first two musings sounds like I should eat some good cheese with that whine. You're welcome to join, it's open door and I've got damn good cheese..and w(h)ine  :-)

I'm sitting at Starbucks, the sun is shining, summer's giving us a gentle nudge today and I'm enjoying an americano. It's been a long long time since I've done this and I feel like I'm on a day pass from living la vida loca.  ;-) 

Has anyone heard of the 'Brazilian Blowout'? It's a product that is supposed to last six months  (ish)  and it does away with the frizzies. I have lots of body wave and if I don't use high end products, I am attacked by the frizz gnomes something fierce. My hairdresser is waiting to see the long term effects and when I get her go ahead, I'm IN. Can you imagine life without frizzies?!   Neither can I..

In case you are not aware, my dear bloggy friends who comment on my posts, I answer you back. I just have fallen into the habit of answering back on the comment page. A few times, when I'm asked something directly, I will respond via email. Just wanted you to know I appreciate your visits and your funny/wise words. (but no group hugs mmmkay? Bubble space issues that need tissues, ya?  lol  ) 

Speaking of blogging, I'll share something with you. I love reading blogs, however, if it's delivered in one massive square paragraph, you lose me. As I've learned, it's about 'white space'. I find it too hard to follow, honestly. Just sharin' and delivered with luv. 

Me: Jeeze baby, you are one heavy child. ( said to my g-baby- 2.5 yrs old- as I'm carrying her down the stairs ) 
Lil Spitfire: You heavy too, Nammie. 
That child's lucky I love her to bits and back...




5 comments:

  1. brizilian blowout last about 6 weeks. costs an arm and a leg ($300), or so i've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading your random thoughts! I can picture you at the Starbucks, enjoying that coffee...you have certainly earned it this summer.

    A friend in Minnesota got the blowout months ago, and just did a second one. She loved it! She seemed to think it lasted for months....

    I won't get into the group hug, promise! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want pics of the blow-out! If it works for you, I am in! I have two waves that give me hell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prin- Yeah but I'd pay the price, especially in the summer time. ugh

    Sherri- I really really enjoy those quiet moments over there. GOod to know about your almost first hand knowledge of the blowout, at least I'd control ONE aspect of my life.. my hair. ;-)

    Missy- Done Deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't have to worry about the frizzies. hair is thin and no body. hope the product works on your hair.rose

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.