Sep 9, 2010

Weekend in the Rockies,eh.


I recently spent a weekend in the Rockies.. around the Banff area. I will apologize for some of the quality of the pictures on three fronts. #1- I was stuck in the back seat of hubby's truck, a lot of these were taken on the fly. #2- Some of 'smokiness'  is actual smoke haze from the B.C. fires. And #3- I don't have a sun filter for my lens.
There is NO way to do justice to the size of the Rocky Mountains, you'll have to find points of reference if you can, to judge for yourselves.
The wildlife pics you see, you will find traveling along side your car, the chipmunk coming out in hopes of food, the rasberries full to bursting.
And when you get to pic of the Badlands, this was where our dinosaurs roamed.
If the sand structures grab your attention, here is the story of the Drumheller Hoodoos















Golf, anyone? 
Apologies for the quality of the picture, Lake Louise was overcast. 
Glacier waters from Lake Louise. Can you say, 'Cold'. 
River in Banff, Alberta. Actual colour of the water. :-)
Small part of the Drumheller Hoodoos
 The following three are  the Hoodoos



 Mr Hopeful looking for a handout.

That's ok, I don't trust you either

Quite the 'coquettish' look

If I had a bucket full, I'd be really happy

Wild Sage, smells sooo nice

10 comments:

  1. New follower here. I love your photos. I can't wait to get back to Banff. It's gotta be one of the most beautiful places in the world.
    Happy Friday.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry MacCullouchSeptember 10, 2010

    Great pictures Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic pictures..the Rocky's have always been in my bucket list for a road trip...someday :-) till then I will enjoy your pictures !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Jamie. A couple of the mountain ones reminded me of Haleakala. I can't even begin to imagine the amazing pics you would take there! So proud of your mad photo skillz xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photography. A trip to the Rockies is one of the items on my bucket list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blown away here! It's so beautiful there! Thanks so much for sharing them, Jamie. I always love to see your photos.

    Have a great weekend,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teri,
    It is much more impressive to be amongst them, take my word for it.

    Robyn,
    Thanks for the follow and welcome to my neck of the woods.

    Sherry
    Thanks! You've been through them yet?

    Jeff,
    Definitely on your bucket list. In bold.

    Dawn,
    Ahh Mount Haleakala , now THAT was an impressive climb and volcano. I SO wish we could do that again.. xo

    Kim,
    You'll get a sore neck craning it to look up, I did the first time. lol

    Candace,
    Humble nod your way, thanks for the lovely compliment and it makes me happy to know you took such enjoyment from them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoodoos, look interesting - not seen that kind of scene in real life - only pics. Is the surface of them smooth or rough? curious...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh a squirel! Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.