Jan 24, 2010

Hangover? nope. Sugar sick? damn straight





I went out last night to celebrate my birthday

I'm trying to explain to all that asked that I am not hungover. I'll save my breath. No one believes me.
I am, in super fancy medical terms, sugar sick.
Huh??
Sugar sick. That's what I call what happens to me when I have sugar. I'm hypoglycemic. I have a cousin with the same condition. The only known two in our recent family tree. Lucky me. ( no I'm not kidding, lucky me I maintain. It's a great form of weight loss control . :-)  )
BUT... I can't drink a whole hellova lotta alcohol. A) because of the sugar and B) because I'm a lightweight.
I did last night.( waiting for the pictures to pop up on facebook, both daughters went nuts with the cameras uhohhh )
BUT... hang on. Define lots of alcohol in your world. In mine? 4 drinks, yes count them, 4. ( with a running start on the 5th )
Does ONE shot of robin egg blue alcohol and half a wee glass of wine just before I left the house count?In the space of 5 hours. With dancing in between and food after.
But we all know alcohol is sugar and I overdosed on the shit last night.
Sick? Me? Dog sick, dog sugar sick ALL day. With tender glands on the sides of my neck. Uhoh, not good.

BUT.... had SO much fun. I would like to mention it's been 23 years'ish since I've been out to celebrate my birthday. I would also like to mention it'll be a cold day in hell before I go out to a bar to celebrate it again.
BUT....surrounding me were a group of people that enrich my life in one way or another, those that matter most to me. Two of those being my beauties. Both my daughters in a honky tonk bar??
Well will you look at that? Miracles DO happen!
Yes I had fun because of the company. In spite of the venue.
Call me old, out of the loop, out of touch with the millennium but I hate hate hate what passes off as the bar scene. Please... call it the meat market.
BUT.... for the most part I was able to ignore it. Loved watching talented people dance, laughed at
the little cowboy wannabes, jumped in a couple of line dances, two stepped and laughed a whole lot.
And by the way to the twenty something year olds dancing on the bar?
Coyote Ugly you are so not. Watch the movie again, they don't act like pole dancers k?

To my daughters I love you both from the bottom of my heart for going out of your comfort zone. Yeah, you both were brought up with country music but I know it's not your thing. It meant the world to me. xoxo  much love my beauties.

To the rest of my motley crew ( yeah, I throw myself in there too! ) it sure as shit wouldn't of been the same without each and every one of you. And yeah, hold your collective breaths, my daughters will be posting pictures real soon I think .      ohhh groan
xo

To Mary, ARGHHH shitpissfrig @ our geographical divide. Damn it.
To Donna G, you and I are going to talk about our 50th year and just where that will find us my friend.

By the way, I've decided I'm stopping at this age now when asked.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Yep, you had fun as I knew you would! Even tho I have read it.....I stil feel the need to "hear' it from your mouth! So, call and do tell!

    Love ya mega, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mention of my fine art of "grab and go" on the walk around what up? lol! So glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.