Mar 11, 2010

Home is where you make it, but there's no place like 'home'.

When big changes come I find myself missing 'home'. I don't know why but it is what it is.
I know myself well enough to understand I'm due to return 'home' again.This time though I will take a couple of weeks. Family first and foremost, friends from thirty some odd years back. That is comfort, that is where I can be.. me. Just plain Jamie. 
My husband and I have talked about buying a cottage there. I think within the next two years, we'll make that a reality. The girls will take comfort in also knowing they have a place where they can go 'home' again. Even if they've spent the majority of their lives here, this place imprinted in their hearts and there, they can just be.. them.


So without further ado, here are my roots.

(google image)

The water is so blue, and the air crisp. The strength of the sun and the brilliance of the fall colours leaves you in awe.
(google image)


So many photographers come to this area. It's no wonder why.


(google image) 









In one of our houses, we had a creek running in our back yard. The coons and deer ambling by. If I had this particular creek now, I'd have it made.



This was my backyard. A big one to mow but a lovely breathing space.



I miss her something wicked, something fierce. She represents 'home' to me. In many ways, with maternal me, this was my first 'baby'.







Traditions run deep, we can practice them anywhere we live, but to be able to go back to where life was simpler, if only for a little while, is good for the soul. It allows one to gain strength, to recognize what one has, to go back and carry on.

1 comment:

  1. I hope to visit you at 'home' one day! That would be so perfect. I can't wait to meet your daddy, someday! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.