Jun 4, 2010

Friday Musings



Musings of This, That and Other Things

Angels Among Us , have you ever listened to that song? Do so. I met one the other day @ Starbucks. They do walk among us. I feel blessed each time I cross paths with one. I am humbled.

First angels then writers. One that possesses a rare lack of ego. How refreshing is that?! ( I've been to a couple of writers conferences, some egos are larger than life lemme tell ya ) We had a fantastic conversation of what defines a writer. I came away from that meet with fresh perspectives,having learned something new. AND I met an awesome AWESOME person.

If you had to tell me one thing about yourself that you loved what would it be? Come on now, we all have at least one thing. Fess up, be real and be true. You tell me, I tell you. ...Ok ok ok...I'll start it off.
I can read people really well. (Did you think it had to be a physical attribute? Nope.) Generally I'm pretty well bang on and it's served me well in many situations. I've surprised a few friends in the past with my canny ability.And I've bothered others with it. Meh. I think I'd make a good secret agent for secret service agencies, ya? Or am I part of it already? Go read this' Probie ' blog.
I'm a 40 something year old by day...
muahahah
Your turn. Share?

I should know better, I should know better, I should know better. If I keep saying it to myself it'll eventually sink in right?
Right.
Wrong.
I'm waiting for it to get drilled in there. What will it take?
I know what it'll take but I'll never reach that point. Because that point can't come from me, it has to come from an outside source.
Confused enough? Good, care to join me on my planet for a while?
:-)

Sleeping in till the grand hour of 8:20am doesn't lend to a productive day. I was all fuzzy brained. I'm usually up between 6:30 and 7 am. Feeling like the day was passing me by. And sure it was. Evening ate the afternoon that I never saw.
Are you a morning person like me?  I transform into a couch potato when the clock strikes 8 pm so I grab my day while the grabbin's good.
And...just to keep things balanced, went the other side of the spectrum , 5: freaking 30 am. Hey, no moss under my feet.

Unsettled was the name of the game a few days ago. Nothing was jiving, and spilling my 1st morning cuppa golden magic elixir doesn't make for a good start but trudged ahead like a soldier. Did my workout under protest, kicked it, walked the monsters mutts then took off with my camera. Out of the four walls, away from phones, housework, dogs and all manner of housebound 'stuff'. Best thing I could of done. I'm not sure when photography has become such an important part of my balance. I felt... content after, it soothed my restless soul.

Did I tell you I don't buy store bought bread anymore? Haven't for months. I happened upon this yummy bread and true to the author's word, it takes no time at all. The best part? FOUR ingredients. Why hello there. :-)


What are your musings today?

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I just popped over from Java's Follow Friday 40 and Over. Hmmm...you've got me thinking...about angels...about what I love about myself (isn't it funny that we usually spend more time thinking about what we DON'T love???) and about how photography also seems to soothe my soul, something I've just started to realize and haven't put into words yet.

    So. To answer your question what is one thing I love about myself. My eyes. I like my eyes. (See, you didn't say it COULDN'T be a physical attribute either!)

    Hope you have a great weekend. I'm following you now and hope to get to know you better as I read more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie!
    Hope you have a really great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!!

    Visiting from the 40 Follow! And I LOVED this post! So, ok -- I'll play along!

    Angels - I am a firm believer that angels do walk among us and we have more daily contact with them than we care to believe. Have faith and they will show themselves to you.

    One thing I love about myself? You're asking a self-proclaimed self-hater to find something nice about herself? LOL! I'd have to say my sense of humor. I've been told that I "write funny stuff" and have been known to crack myself up at times.

    And YES - like you, I'm definitely a morning person. I'm up between 4:30 - 6:00am sometimes, but I am dead to the world as soon as I put my girls to bed!

    Did I mention that I'm following you now? LOL! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Magnolia,
    Glad to have a fellow 'photog', as Martha would say , 'it's a beautiful thing.'

    Java,
    Enjoying your blog, LOTS.

    Jennifer,
    Two daughters.. hmm I know what that's like ;-)

    Looking forward to getting to 'know' you all.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an excellent listener! That is why I have so many friends! I listen objectively as possible and only offer advice when asked... I want to make my own bread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go check out the book if you can Missy. It's excellent. There's two other ones out as well by the same people. It's easier than most people think :-)

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.