Jul 19, 2010

I believe



...the older I get, the less I keep. Like cleaning house in the spring, haul it all out, if you haven't used it in six months chuck it, give it to Goodwill or leave it on the curb. There are people who cruise the neighbourhoods and 'shop'.It's a win win, ya?


...I'm going to set a booby trap for the meter reader. What part of not walking on new sod didn't she get through that little head of hers? Didn't she feel the ground sink as she walked across my new grass? ARG


...the lady that lives across from me is a gossip talker and I'm steering clear. No thanks.


...once I cut my new lawn, those fugly little mushrooms won't be back. Better not. What gives?


...I just might start building that deck myself. The wood's sitting there and I want to enjoy my outdoor fireplace before summer's over. Now... do you screw this things in or use a hammer? 


...I'm going to leave the blinds closed till that big ugly black fly's dead, screw the sunshine.


...one of my greatest creature comforts is my TBR pile. 


...in packing at the last minute. Bah.. what's the panic?



...in the solitude of the library but does it have to be so cold in there all the time?


...we've traded weather patterns with the West coast.  Which would be fantastic if I was a duck. Ugh.



...spring was a write off, summer's looking that way. Autumn best NOT be. 


...in the restorative power of a haircut, new hair product and 3 hours talking with a kickass human being. 



What do you believe?

9 comments:

  1. I can help with the deck! I have a power drill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you have lots of things to think about. I believe I love your blog. If you don't mind, I just might borrow our 'I believe' idea one day. It's terrific.
    Wish I could come and help with the deck. I'm really good with tools. And a BB gun. I could take care of the meter reader.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MIchie
    Um nothing personal but you and a power drill. *SHUDDER*

    Weezer,
    By all means, take the 'I believe' and run with it. :-)
    No worries on the deck, threatening hubby I was going to pick up a hammer did the trick. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I agree with you about your TBR pile AND cold libraries. I think the AC helps keep people awake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to rid my life of so much clutter! Good luck with the fly! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn,
    I'm laughed at because I hoard my TBR pile. It's a sacred thing. I'm down to three and feel the need to add to it PDQ.

    Missy,
    Keep in mind, the clutter I have belongs to my two daughters. Free storage here. ;-)
    Fly is now in fly heaven. Gotta love my yellow fly zapper. muahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. my husband thinks too much clutter. he would dump if he could

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't keep much stuff either. Its possibly something to do with moving around alot in my life. And I have to agree - a haircut can do wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose,
    Are you the one stopping him? ;-)

    Cassandra,
    My hubby and daughter are both pack rats. Although I might call hubby reformed. lol

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.