Jul 15, 2010

July's Musings of This, That and Other Things



Pet peeve of mine and I've seen many examples of this lately. It bugs me when I see someone get all snotty over other people's typos. Can't one just accept the spirit of what was written without getting all diva over simple mistakes? I've seen typos by the very same that complain about it. Two tiered judicial system never goes over well, in any circumstance.

Big Brother.While I try to avoid drama at all cost, it's fun to be a 'voyeur' from the comfort of my couch. Some special characters in there this year, it promises to become a bitch fest real fast.

Till my backyard is sodded and fenced, I've had to walk those monsters mutts three times a day since I've moved into my house. People, I'm not a dog walker, I can't stand it. The worst is getting up first thing sans coffee to walk the neighbourhood so those little yappers can do their b'ness. I. need. coffee. But I came up with the perfect solution because I'm desperate brilliant that way. Just before Hubby heads off to work, he brings me up a steaming hot glorious cup of wakemeup and I get that magic elixir running through my veins before I'm fully awake. (The dogs don't bug me as long as I don't go downstairs.) I'm much more inclined to give them a decent stroll afterwards and I'm a whole lotta less cranky. AND coffee tastes better being served made by someone else, ya?  

Note to the general public: Cryptic messages are so last year, mmkay? They are more of an eye roll rather than serving to pique the reader's interest. Fastest way to make me move on. FYI.  

The sound of howling coyotes runs along your arms and lifts the small hairs on the back of your neck, yet at the same time, it's oddly melodic. The only thing more haunting is the call of the wolves after a kill.

The last thing I expected to hear in the coffee shop is a guy talking to another about how his penis feels. OMG I didn't need to know. And if you were paying attention, you would of heard the 'please don't talk about this now' gruff 'hmmmm' from the other guy. You also missed the 'I wish the floor would swallow me up' look from him. But you didn't miss my laugh did you? Nope, judging by the look aimed my way. Sorry, couldn't help it, the whole scene was comical. And I now know more about your penis than I know about my own husband's. 
TMI, Buddy.T.M.I.  

What's with penises and me these days? I was driving in a 70 km zone ( 43 mph to my American friends) passing a guy standing approx 20 ft from the road. Ask me what he was doing? Yeah, you got it. His business was whipped out for all to see, a steady stream jetting out. Facing me. Do everyone a favor,get back in your car and drive back to the pig farm from which you escaped. 

Poor girl. She came running at me the other day at the grocery store. 
"Excuse me, please help me?!" she rushed towards me with a look of panic. 
Seems she had dropped her cigarette in the space of the steer column,( not sure if there's supposed to be a space? Older car ) and she was smelling smoke of the not cigarette variety. There were wires wrapped in electrical tape and I see the smoke, smelled melting rubber/plastic.  Uhoh, not good.
I looked down and reached for her bottled water. Pouring a little bit in the column I heard the sizzle of her smoke going out. 
"Wow, you didn't even panic" she said in awe. 
Laughing I looked at her, " I raised two girls, I have a grandbaby and I have been with my guy for close to 30 years. It takes much more than this to set me off." 
Stunned all she could say was, " You're a grandmother?!?" 
I smiled, giving her a hug goodbye. 
LOL I love love when I hear that. Thanks for making my day, sweetheart. Crisis averted and I have a birthday cake to go buy. 




What are your musings today?

14 comments:

  1. Ok, so I totally didn't mean to call you on that typo last week...JUST kidding. Or am I? It's all so cryptic... :-P Love your musings posts. Honest. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not understand men that discuss their penis like it is an arm or something. That is a PRIVATE part and should be discussed in PRIVATE...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLMAO@ you Dawn.
    Smart mouth writer that you are. :-P
    Glad you enjoyed, but really sorry you missed the penis episode. Could have used that scene in one of your books, I'm SURE.

    Missy,
    This conversation was comical, truly. And to be honest, it's not often I hear men talk about their penises to that degree and in medical terms. His buddy was MUCH more uncomfortable than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Follow Friday. I'm now a follower. Love your blog.
    http://weezershaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing writing. I am glad I found you through 40 follow. I am your newest follower.
    Tracy
    http://sellabitmum.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was quite a day for you. I Don't think after overhearing that conversation I would been able to stomach the coffee! You are good... following you from 40 and over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you through Follow Me Friday believe it or not. Your hostess for the Over 40 crowd, of which I am a member, joined. Great blog you have. I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Nice to meet You!

    I'm visiting via Follow Friday 40 and Over and am your newest Follower :)

    ~ Jill
    http://frugalplus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your too funny! Found you through 40 Follow! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this post...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey All- Weezer, Tracy, Vivianne, Christy, Jill and Angie.
    Welcome to my corner of the blog world!
    Glad you guys enjoyed the post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Dee
    Love to share randoms cause I never know what I am going to come across during my days. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't sleep so thought I would visit some blogs....Love yours....Hope you will stop
    by...I have a GREAT giveaway that goes through Sunday
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/07/great-read-and-some-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi! just saw your blog love your sense of humour. Saw you love Scotland and Ireland.I love both. My husband is from Ireland. Will read your posts. have a good Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.