Jul 2, 2010

July's Open Letters



Dear Pasty faced Copper,
Our backyards face each other. You smack your dog one more time and I'll gather my dog's poo and deposit it a bag in your mailbox. Jerk.
Signed,
Disgusted.

Dear Trades people,
I realize it's hot work framing, bulldozing and hammering, I do. But could you please take those beer bottles and do something other than leaving them on the mailbox or tucked away in not so hidden places?
Signed,
Time and Place for a cold one.

Dear Trades people, ( again )
Give it a rest on Sundays will ya? Sheesh
Signed,
Sleeping in would be nice.

Dear Dog,
I would appreciate if you practiced some restraint in regards to your bodily functions when sitting on my lap. Cutting the cheese is no problem for you, I see. But it deeply affects my nasal passages. In fact it burns them beyond functionality.Thank you for your consideration in the future.
Signed,
Your Human Owner

Dear Drag Queen,
Bite me , Bitch.
Signed,
Not even in the same ball park. Arg!

Dear Carbs
Piss off, mmmkay? We don't have to like each other so much, do we?
Signed,
Carbaholic Craver

Dear Jimmy Buffet
Your Margaritaville song gives me wanderlust. I want a beach, sun, sand and a place where time crawls. I want my biggest dilemma to be what bathing suit to cover up wear today.  And strangely I'm craving salt.
Signed,
Northern Canadian Chick, eh.

8 comments:

  1. My 28 year old son gave me the lowdown on Margueritaville: Parrot Heads, Parrakeets, Jimmy Buffet, his best friend's parents. Okay. I get the salt part, but the tequilla I can pass on. Following from Over 40 Follow. Have a good weekend. Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter wholeheartedly agrees with you on the tequilla. A tale of one too many for her... Right back at ya for FF, S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh doesn't that song just fill you with the desire to hop on a plane and head for some tropical, laid back location where:

    - no stupid neighbours are smacking their dog? Seriously???? What a jerk!
    - there are no tradespeople to wake you up when you're trying to sleep in on Sundays ... so the only people drinking beer are not leaving it on your mailbox.
    - the carbs don't count because you're on holidays anyway
    - and well, there might be the occasional Drag Queen there too but you're so busy drinking margaritas you don't even notice them!

    Hope you had a happy Canada Day yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I really hate the people who don't treat their dogs right....grr.
    Jimmy Buffet? I think that song MUST have had some sort of subliminal message, because I feel the same way!!
    Have a great weekend! Hope the darn tradespeople take a day off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. drag queen... that's a story i need to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping by from Follow Friday 40 and over. I can relate to a few of those.

    Have a great weekend!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/i-tend-to-go-for-ordinary-people-friday-following/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll meet you on the beach. I'll bring the tequila, you bring the salt! Par-tay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ro,
    I agree with everything you said, especially the carbs part. ha ha

    Thanks, Yenta. Right back at ya.

    FSC, The powers that be shooed the trades away Sunday but wouldn't ya know it, was to busy to enjoy the quiet. Murphy's Law.

    Mich, you'd be jealous too. HA

    Hello Harriet, nice to 'meet'you. :-)

    Teri,
    I'm sure you could use two to my one, ya? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.