Jul 4, 2010

Sunday's Picture Blog




Apologies to the farmer who probably doesn't know I trespassed on his land to take a picture of his pretty red barn.







A cowboy's life is a lonely one at times.










I've never see wood stacked this way.










We're in to July. Time to put those away? Then again maybe it's just easier to keep them up. Only six more months to go!











Nestled in a hidey hole of a huge weeping willow tree.













Peaceful place, under that tree or on the dock.











This picture makes my stomach lurch. Reminds me of a carnival ride.

Ahh, I remember hanging out my clothes to dry. (  no choice, no dryer at the time ) For some reason it's not done so much anymore. Nothing better than clothes fresh off the line, in my humble opinion.

7 comments:

  1. The Golden Child was on me a short while ago to use a clothesline rather than the dryer; I suggested that I shall do so once she goes back to taking a bus to school rather than driving her car.

    Her eyes actally ROLLED...

    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Teri.
    The day I rolled my eyes at my parents is the day I would of been hung out on on said clothesline.
    I had an expert eye roller in daughter #2. UGH
    Great comeback :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 05, 2010

    I remember the smell of sheets fresh off the line too...ahhh those were the days. Love the pictures of hidey holes and pictures taken under tree branches and I'm sure that farmer would be pleased that so many are admiring his beautiful red barn.

    Just poking my head in to see what was up and to say "Hi" and got a visual treat. Hope you had a great 4th of July. We did too.

    Haupi
    http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Haupi
    Mores like July 1st on my end. Canadian Chick, born and raised. But belated 4th of July to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics. We don't own a drier so, if the weather is fine the clothes go out on the line, if its raining they get hung on racks inside. At the moment its winter and there is laundry drying everywhere inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haupi, it was July 1st for me, Canadian born and raised here. Happy belated 4th to you.
    Glad you enjoyed the pics :-)

    Mich,as always I had great fun taking them.

    Cassandra, do you have problems with uninvited guests piggybacking in on your laundry at times? Ah yes, winter. Double the time.

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.