Jan 6, 2011

Musings of This, That and Other Things.


At times there are names that pop up in my memory, people from my long ago/not so long ago past. Sometimes it's triggered by a deja-vu, others by a smell, or a random thought dug by my sub-consciousness? Who knows.. On the whole, I can manage to find out a thing or two about that person, directly or indirectly. There is one that has eluded me since high school graduation. 
I've thought of Andy on and off through the years. No, not an old boyfriend, not anything like that, but he was special to me. No matter who I ask, they've not heard a whisper about him, from him. 
I do hope you are well, Andy P and life was/is kind to you. I hope you still walk among us.

Ok so what can a body do but laugh.. I was driving down main street of my little town, AT a respectable speed no less.. I know, right? Different. But it is winter and I do respect winter driving because of cases like this;
Two old biddies decide they are going to cross the road RIGHTNOW with their bags and canes just flying. People? I'm almost on top of them. 
I lock the brakes and sure here I go, sliding on slush with my ass end going sideways. I have to avoid those two old crows, look in my back view to see if I'm going to be rear ended and try to miss the oncoming traffic and/or parked cars.  Give me points for a quick reaction in my desperate attempt to not run them over. And what do I get? 
I get them giving me the ol' stink eye, mouths just yappin' away at my direction. 
Ladies? Haul ass before I decide to slap this bitch in park and vacate my vehicle to shove your asses across the street. 
What can you do but laugh. Cantankerous old biddies, you got lucky.. this time.

I'm in trouble. Again. Every. Damn. January. Friggen flippin' S.A.D. I can feel myself tripping into it's slippery miserable grips. It comes for me every year, rotten disorder. Doesn't it know I have SO much better things to do with my time,my emotions than having them tampered and toyed with? I just don't have time for it's bullshit. Yet every January, it comes back, forces me to play with it. Dangerous grounds. I'm sick, sore and tired of it. 
Part of the cure experts advise is exercise or take a trip to a warm sunny place. Next week I'm all over the first one, I'm so hooped for the second. 
Shitpissf*ck. Argh I.Hate. January. (throw in February while you're at it, that one's a misery as well) 

Wine. 
Yummy sanity saving alcoholic beverage. Having a glass as I type. Chasing the lump of pathetic emotional January bullshit down my throat. Slainte and screw you S.A.D. ( or at least as long as this 1/2 glass of wine lasts. I'll takes what I can get anyway it comes.

Slush/melting snow with tons of windshield washer fluid today, minus 40 with the windchill a week from now. Only in Canada, Eh. 

I'm pretty sure hubby and I stayed in a B&B room that was already occupied, by the kind you can't see. hmm it was entertaining. I'll blog about it soon. 

What about you, my bloggy pals, what are your musings today?

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the January *#$%^@ going on.

    Thank goodness for wine. It's okay, go have another. Because until you find yourself on a beach with the sun shining down, wine will have to do.

    Chin-up. Pay not attention to the stink-eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had one of those elusive people wander into my mind since high school, but no matter what I do I cannot remember his name! I could probably look him up on facebook by now if I could figure out who the heck he was! I've even gone through the yearbook in an attempt to remember but I just can't.
    As for the old biddies. Well done! I've hit three pedestrians in my life. They leave a hell of a dent.
    I feel ya on the S.A.D. front too, I used to have a lot of trouble in the cold climates. A little vitamin D goes a long way down here in the south... well that and the loss of the 220 pounds of wasted human flesh I lost last year lol.

    Fear not! You're not alone. Now tell me about the other inhabitants in the B&B, I'm seriously curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, Sorry to hear you are SAD. I wish I could send you some of the sunshine here. (It also comes with a whipping wind today.) My dog is a two year old Havaneese. He is the sweetest thing (when he is behaving)with a decided independent mind (when he is not behaving). Very affectionate and fun. Also, a pretty good boat dog.

    It will be interesting if/when you find your friend from High School. I found a guy from my grade 10 class about 10 years ago, totally by accident. He works for the company who made our boat in 2001. We were driving from one factory building to another about a mile away and did the old, "Where are you from, where did you grow up, where did you go to school, when did you go there??????????????" What a hoot. We now greet each other like old buddies at all the boat shows and Sabre Yacht Reunions.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Effin SAD. One of these days I'm going to drop kick that sorry SOB. Stay strong! And drink more. (Preferably with ME) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story about the old bitties. I was laughing all the through picturing their "stink eyes". Sounds like something that would happen to me.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tay, the stink eye was funny given the situation. I figure they've lived this long, might as well cut them some slack.

    Lovelyprism, You are going to be at some random place and that name will pop into your head. You'll scramble for a piece of paper and will forget it again before you write it down. lol.. will do on that little event. Will add a few more.

    Rosemary, If I had a boat like you and was sailing like you are at the moment, I wouldn't be S.A.D. .. AT all. lol

    Dawn, You now have your own stash of GG. Cheer, mon amie!

    Kim, lol doesn't it always? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol @ grumpy old men! people never cease to amaze me. I've discoverd the wonderful effects of bailiey's on my grumpy disposition.

    I want to hear about your paranormal activity trip!

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.