Nov 29, 2009

Sunday Musings of This, That and other Things.



One good sleep out of twenty. Not bad . But as the saying goes. ' Please Sir, can I have some more?'
Two nights ago I had a phenomenal sleep. Straight through, no waking up in the dead of night letting
consciousness take control.
Yeah, I could use a few hundred more of those.
Last night? What the EFF was I thinking of? Babysitting a child that doesn't sleep the night through. Falling sleep on a carpeted floor, waking up an hour and a half later, pain taking over every part of my body.
Groan
Serves me right. Dumbass. I apologized for growling at hubby like a bear this morning. But sheesh he was so damn chipper from a full night's sleep. Grrrr

I have to ask this. Who in their right mind lowers the lid to a public toliet? How gross is that? Please please someone tell me she washed her hands after. Quite the dance we females do in public washrooms eh? Are you like me? Assume the position, ( thanks to my work outs for strong quads ) use your foot to flush, wash religiously, close taps with elbows, dry hands and if there's no towels to dry, haul my sleeve down over my hand and ewwww turn the door handle. Yeah, this shirt's going in the wash when I get home.
Yet I can clean up dog barf, clean up a poopy baby butt and go picking through the garbage for my daughter's retainer my ever lovin' hubby threw away by mistake. Go figure.

I have to say, I made awesome ciabatta bread. And a no-knead one thank you very much. Might take 18 hrs to proof but if you've ever made ciabatta bread you know how wet the dough has to be. Who wants to play with dough that resembles goo?
Did I mention Montreal style bagels?? Why hello :-) I did, I made them. Despite Mike's naysayin' that it's impossible to make them, ok they're not St Viateur but they're not far from the real deal. Ppfffhh @ Mike.
Tonight was yummy home made chicken soup, tomorrow a beef stroganoff that from start to finish takes four hours. But please add 8 hours to simmer home made beef stock. Well shove over Julia , Jamie's in da house. Who's coming for dinner?  :-)

I'm after getting my handsome hubby ( yeah, Christmas is coming, I'm ego strokin' ha ha ) to put up my cute little 5' tree tonight. I'm also going to sit and enjoy a Bailey's Irish Cream and tea. (oopsy damn I always 'spill' a wee bit of that Bailey's into my cup,clumsy clumsy me ) Are you like me? I hate wrapping gifts but a shot or two of alcohol makes the job a whole lot easier. I'll put on my psudo fireplace and music, my flannels and get 'er done! UGH, stupid wrapping.

Things clicking into place, short term and long term plans forming. My world is balanced.
All is well looking out beyond the kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.