Dec 1, 2009

Definition in a tin plate.




Here you have it, my roots.Nestled in a pie. Doesn't sound like much does it.
Ultimately this is a neon sign above my head, it defines me. It is Quebec.
I make it once a year, usually around the holidays as do most of us.
Tourtiere. 
Meat Pie.
This year I give applause and pin the ribbon of distinction on my eldest daughter, Kelly.
I've done what my mother, grandmother and great grandmother have done before me.
I proudly step aside and pass the torch to her. She made all 18 of them by herself!

This is more than meat pie, it is history that is hundreds of years old.
Every culture has it's traditions, I am no different. Now it's hers to carry on.
Today I watched my daughter's roots take hold in a tin plate.
And damn, she nailed it!
Merci ma belle, je suis fier de toi. :-) xo
( thank you, my beautiful, I am proud of you. )

2 comments:

  1. Way Kewl, Kel! Feel free to send pie to MA for us to sample!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome..have no idea what it is...but is one coming to my house for a taste...the true test is in the tasting!

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.