May 4, 2010

A love affair with Montreal Style Bagels-in pictures

I'm no where near Montreal Style bagels and I crave them. So I hunted up a recipe and this is the outcome. I've made them several times and while they are not St. Viateur ( to die for bagels from back home) they can actually be in the same ball park. Hurry up tomorrow morning, I'm jonsein'.. bad!

                  The ingredients that are needed. Malt-HARD to find BUT I'm connected.  :-)


                  Bagels proofing and puffing up to their delish goodness


                  Ahhh plump, soft and ready for their bath


                  Being boiled for a very short bit in sweet water, it's what separates  Montreal style bagels by their counterparts 


                  Dipped in sesame seeds, ok ok buried in them-ha ha-ready for the oven 
     

                  Why hello :-)  Coffee with that?

3 comments:

  1. What time is breaky? Damn, those look GOOD! Come on, send me some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary and Anon
    They were DELISH lol :-)

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.