May 12, 2010

More Musings of This, That and Other Things




Driver is pulling back onto the road he had no business pulling off of in the first place.  He's going to cut us off and I call him an unflattering name, not believing the idiot is going to do it. Coming up to the the car with his big 4x4 truck, hubby flipped off  'He can do it, it'll just be the last thing he does with that car'.  

Pet Peeves 
#1- People who feel the need to announce to the world all the good deeds they do...every time they do any. little. thing.  I get it, I get it. The sun rises and sets on you.
#2- Overusage of  ' !!!!!!! '. It drives me batty.

I shopped. All. Day. Long.  People, I'm NOT a shopper. Only for a friend, sheesh. 

I'm killing time at Starbucks , it's been a while. The town I moved to doesn't have a free standing one so I'm enjoying the moment. As much as I LOVE the privacy of my home, I miss the interaction and energy of small groups of people. I'm loving the background noise of the coffee machines, orders being called out, snatches of conversations floating my way. It's relaxing. :-) 

We had a lovely Mother's Day. Both our beautiful daughters with our grandbaby, who could ask for more? My day is complete when I have my family surrounding me. I also had a good friend over with her son. She made awesome pies, brought good wine and a to die for appetizer. The entertainment of the evening, however, was watching her handle a lobster for the first time. Now that there was funny. :-) Kudos to her for managing it with aplomb and a sense of humor. 

Every time my little spitfire comes over for a couple of days I have a good cry after she leaves. She gets back into the tempo of my life in a heartbeat. I feel like I lose her all over again when she goes. My daughter, seizing the opportunity at my weakness, suggests I could take her every second weekend. A for effort, dear daughter of mine. You know how to run with it, I see. ;-)  

I hate my hands, the way they look. Like I've worked hard all my life. Wait, duh... I have. Then I look at hubby's hands. He's worked as hard as me, if not harder. He's got the hands of a 30 yr old. Life's not fair. WTF?

What are your musings of the day? :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes I do know how to run with it!

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.