May 8, 2010

Sometimes blogging sucks



When I write, I write for me and it truly takes me by surprise when I get complimented on it. I squirm a bit as I'm not known for taking compliments well. However that discomfort is set aside when I'm told they enjoy or relate to what I write. It gives me a deep sense of satisfaction knowing I've drawn the reader into my words. I know myself as a reader, it is what makes me feel good after, that ability. 


Sadly today, I was shown another side to the coin. And I can't say I like it much. I didn't think there was a downside to writing a blog, again I write for myself. So I was equally taken aback when I was brought to task over something I had written. Well now, let's rephrase that shall we. Looking at it, I guess it's no surprise that I was, I can see how this person would of taken it to heart given the situation. But it was a HUGE assumption on their part and they couldn't of been more wrong if they had purposely set out to try to be.


It really really irked me and I think there had to be a bit of an ego involved with that reaction. It's not often I feel like I'm dragged back in highschool bullsh!t and I have to say I don't much care for the feeling. I was never one to get drawn into the drama of it all. 
I know this person will read this, it will probably fan the flames ( that's not my purpose here ) but I'm not about to change who I am for fear of threading on delicate sensibilities. She is young and has a lot of learning left to do. I hope she can take this incident, learn from it and apply it to her future.  I refuse to be held accountable for this mistake made. I've lived too long and paid my dues not to be put in this position.
 

It'll take me a few hours to put in perspective what has happened and I will be able to. That's the benefit of having lived enough situations in life and learning from it. I just hope I can continue to blog as I have in the past, for me. Without thought of recrimination in the back of my mind. 


So with that said, it's breakfast time, I'm hungry and I have a very important visitor coming soon. My Lil Boo.


Happy weekend and Happy Mother's Day all. 


Jamie


P.S. Sorry for the different fonts, I've NO idea why my computer is spitting them out at random. Going to have to figure it out soon, it's distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.