Feb 12, 2010

Approach with caution- Mess in progress



The time has come... almost. 
Where I am from it is a big day. A tradition if you will. 
But this isn't Quebec and it's not July 1st. And we're not moving into a rental.

We got official word to the completion date of our house. Now I have to start getting organized. Gulp! I'm so discombobulated as of late. I'm going to see the house this weekend, that should be enough to kick my ass in gear. AND my hubby will have help moving that insanely heavy treadmill and that beast of a gun cabinet. One weighs an excuse-me-do-I-look-like-a-fork-lift-to-you pounds, the other just shy of excuse-me-do-I-look-like-a-sumo-wrestler-to-you pounds. For the first time ever I don't have to lift, strain, grunt,hurt or rip my arms out of their natural habitat for this move. I'm stupid giddy at the thought. Yeah!

A new house, a new area, a small town feel. Time to slow down. ( harummpff yeah yeah I know, the bets are on as to how long it'll take me before I get bored and start nosing around for a job )
Space to create culinary masterpieces on a wide kitchen island,(a new kitchen is so inspiring)  a home gym complete with a kickboxing corner , an infrared sauna, why hello babyyyy, his and her bathrooms, (contain your envy people muahahah) a lot of space for my lil spitfire to rule and dominate her empire run around when she comes to visit.
I will also have access to a brand new recreation facility at 1/4 of the cost, (Alberta advantage, it's not about what you know but who you know. I say this with both gratitude and frustration) 4 acres of fenced land for the monsters mutts to run around going ape shit in and the absolute pleasure of discovering brand new little coffee and breakfast haunts. :-)
I can add more but by now you're probably sticking your tongue out at me. Or in some cases flipping me the bird. ;-)

The number of times I've moved? Just with hubby and I it will be our 11th or 12th move in the 23 years we've been married. Hey not bad, I have a girlfriend who's on her 35th move in just about the same amount of time. So I consider me fairly lucky. As a child we moved around A LOT though so this isn't foreign territory, it's just been a lifelong event in Jamie's world. But the times are fewer and farther in-between. It's just reached a point where I hate the sheer amount of work it entails. That being said, time for me to get at it.

Now... where in the beegeezus is my packing tape and markers?!? 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, looky who's going to benefit from my kitchen creations. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.