Feb 28, 2010

This, that and other things



Do you have regrets? I think we all do. One of mine is not being blessed with the ability to draw. I've always envied those that can. I know, I know.. there's other things I can do that artists probably can't but drawing has always had such a pull on me. I can't even doodle or draw stick men worth crap.
Crap.

We introduced the monsters mutts to a new dog park. Surprise, surprise.. I thought the male dog was going to mark his territory everywhere but he held back. Harumphh If you know anything about West Highland White Terriers you know they believe they are the size of Great Danes. It's nothing for Bear to walk in the middle of five or ten big big dogs and say, 'Hey wazzup, fellers?'
So his behavior really was baffling, maybe it's a one time deal? I'll take him again and he'll rule I'm sure.

My hubby's work always takes him out of town,the current shift is 24 days out, 4 days in. No biggy, been doing this for 17 years now so I'm quite accustomed. To my space, my time, my whatever I want to do. When he comes back, it's a re-adjustment but give it a day and we're back in our rhythm. This time however, he kept me up ALL night the first night. Snoring. Three alarm clocks ticking in some sort of weird 2 am hypnotic song. ( why 3 alarm clocks you ask? good question, I don't have the foggiest) A dog walking all over the bed looking for his own space that's been invaded, stepping all over my hair. OUCH damn it!
I moved to the couch downstairs and slept for all of an hour. UGH. The following two nights now I've decided to sleep in my daughter's room. (she's moved out)  So I cleared some of her crap stuff and carved a wee bit of space for me. (have you seen her room? O M G is all I have to say )  Slept ALL night long,both nights. But lo and behold, it comes at a cost. I'm having these weird off the wall dreams. It really is disconcerting. But I have to weigh the pros and cons and I choose freaky weird dreams to no sleep.
Him? He's just grinning, says he's sleeping like a baby. Bite me, honey.

I got a tan today. Yes! Colour on my face from the heat of the sun bouncing off the white of the snow.
It was a beautiful day. To cap it off, winning the gold in hockey didn't hurt none. However,I actually got a big lump in my throat watching the U.S.A. team, they were so dejected, my heart went out to them. :-(
BUT it WAS so sweet to end the 2010 Olympics on a high note like that.

My heart also goes out to my daughter's girlfriend. The earthquake in Chile hit right at home. Carla's father's missing, the tsunami hit there with waves 9 feet high, that town below sea level. Her Auntie's town is washed away but she finally heard from her today. In two weeks if she's not heard word of her dad, she's heading out to Chile to try to find him. Such upset and sadness.

I'm upstairs listening to Jillian Michaels putting two girls through their paces downstairs. I do her workouts, I know what they are going through. I admire them, you wouldn't catch me doing that @ 9 in the PM. Screw that. I'm an early morning no later than mid afternoon kinda work out gal. Kudos to those two crazies though.

So... how was YOUR weekend?


Addendum:
Carla's dad has been found! Not sure of anything else but he's alive! Thank you to the powers that be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.