Feb 1, 2010

Rain and fog but NO SNOW!

  Went away for the weekend to the coast. Lousy weather overall, came back with a loverly sinus cold but that didn't deter us from doing anything. I don't think I could do long without the sun but still managed to see some pretty cool stuff. I LOVED getting away from the cold and mountains of friggen snow even if it meant rain and fog.

                                  


                                This was the weather for our weekend. UGH

 




But we did some beach combing  anyway.

  




Came across a whole lot of these.

  





That set out every day to do this. A few oyster traps.

  





Try scraping that off the bottom of boats. Algae and zebra mussels.

  




Mother Nature and the Tide having a bit of fun. You think if that bird comes over and perches the log will tip?

  




Ahh, that's what I call sunning and preening oneself. Show offs.

  




Rock bling.

  





Bella, X-Files, ya?!  

  





The Islanders have a cute sense of humor. 

  





This carving reminded me of my youngest and her daughter. :-)

  






This reminded me of my eldest daughter. She likes the colour purple. Looks blue but wasn't.


  





I found hubby's next DIY project, yeah! Ha 



  





 Ate some really good food. Chowder, yum.

  




But I didn't eat that. Bloody thing crawled off my plate and crawled on hubby's steak, I swear!

 






Didn't eat that either although some people do. Ew









Drank some of these. Islanders free pour I tell you. Ha Ha 


  




Needed some of this after drinking some of that above.


                                   

                                  How's this for an entrance to a graveyard? Creepy
 
  





Lord of the Rings Forest? 
Almost ethereal.

  





You are in a different world when standing in these woods.

  




 Land cousin to that X-Files thing. How big do you think it's mouth can open?

  




Hubby couldn't operate the camera so I took a self picture. If you zoom you can see my reflection bottom left of the droplet. ;-)

 





And there you have it, folks. My weekend on the coast spent in the fog and rain. Had fun in spite of the crappy weather. 
And for my peeps, the rest of the pictures are on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.