Feb 11, 2010

My drug of choice



I. SAW. THE. SUN.
If you live in my neck of the woods, you understand my awe and wonder of today.
Today was a such a GOOD day.
The sun came out to play, and so did I.
Since the new year I can count on one hand missing a couple of digits how many times the sun's been out.

People, I don't suffer seasonally affected disorder easily. And I type that testily and with a growl.
 It's been, by far, the worst year ever for it.
Do you know what the sun is to me?
It's my drug of choice. It's what helps level me out, well along with food, exercise, water blah blah blah all that healthy jazz stuff I do.

I went to the dog park with the monsters mutts,snagged my daughter and grand baby along the way. Pit stop at Timmy's ( cause you know, it's a long walk around the park in the snow and well it's Canadian eh! ) and off we went.

Hellooooo Sun! 

My lil spitfire of a beauty had a great time chasing those monsters mutts. Had a great time making me follow her through some pretty low lying brush, giggling as the branches whipped me in the face. Had fun making me "RUN NAMMIEEE RUNNNNN' after her. But ohhhhh the heat of the sun,beautiful,warm..ish, healing.

I needed that fix.
Still smiling here :-)
Now... hurry hurry Spring, I'm waiting waiting waiting for your arrival.

P.S.
A shout out to one of my bestest gal plas Mary, aka Magoo, for knowing me to a frikken 'T'.
She knows when I'm in the grips of this crap and doesn't take it to heart. Eternally grateful for that Magoo. She knows just how much to reach out, how much room to give and when it's time to give me the proverbial smack down.

So.. What made you smile today?

P.P.S.
Correction: Mary knowing me made two 'happys' today.
Bonus  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most times I'll respond back here. Sometimes I"ll answer back via email. Situation depending.